• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Good places to go for a Xmas lunch....before Xmas

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221027_202638_com.android.chrome.jpg

Following on from Dar's thread about Norton House.
Where else would be nice to go before Xmas Day for a festive meal?
Preferably in Swansea or Carmarthenshire area?

dickythorpe said:

I think I’ll sample that.
Last year we had one in here.

https://www.masonshotel.com/

2 courses for £22 is good value in this day and age.
I'm thinking of booking for a weekday in December if I can't get time off.

dickythorpe said:

You need to join Prosser at his favorite Indian on Christmas Day Dickstar and share his Turkey Curry.

Niigata Jack said:
You need to join Prosser at his favorite Indian on Christmas Day Dickstar and share his Turkey Curry.

Not open anymore. It used to be magnificent.

Attachments

• CE47A902-8377-447C-BBE5-E2EC4E14AA9A.jpeg
    CE47A902-8377-447C-BBE5-E2EC4E14AA9A.jpeg
    627.9 KB · Views: 618
dickythorpe said:

Some of Er indoors family recently went for a Sunday lunch at Derllys Golf Club near Bancyfelin. They currently have an October Sunday lunch special offer on - it’s a 3 for the price of 1. You get a starter, main course and dessert for £10.95. I think (but I could be wrong) that the place has been taken over in the last few months and this is a special offer to get people in through the door. Apparently, the main course is normally priced at £10.95.

Er indoors and the tribe were positively gushing in praise for the place. Mrs M said the carvery was outstanding and that it was the best Sunday lunch they’ve had in ages. Factor in the special free and it was a real winner.

I appreciate the special offer will be well finished by Christmas, but based on her feed back i thought it’s worth mentioning. Maybe a bit far away for you though. The other place I’d recommend is the Red Lion in Llandyfaelog (between Kidwelly and Carmarthen).

Try our local. The Plough in Murton and they do a good two course deal in the day.

jack_lord said:
Try our local. The Plough in Murton and they do a good two course deal in the day.

Called there one Saturday afternoon late spring, I think, new people had just taken it over, it was ok, but overpriced ain't been back.

Niigata Jack said:
Called there one Saturday afternoon late spring, I think, new people had just taken it over, it was ok, but overpriced ain't been back.
Steve, they do decent offers in the week considering it is the number one Gastro Pub in Wales. The Cod and triple cooked chips one is decent as is the the Two Steaks with a bottle of wine. Nick has had the pub a good while and is a massive Swans fan :)

jack_lord said:
Steve, they do decent offers in the week considering it is the number one Gastro Pub in Wales. The Cod and triple cooked chips one is decent as is the the Two Steaks with a bottle of wine. Nick has had the pub a good while and is a massive Swans fan :)

Think that's what I had Cod and Chips it was ok as far as I can remember, it's overpriced though.

Niigata Jack said:
Think that's what I had Cod and Chips it was ok as far as I can remember, it's overpriced though.

They do cod and triple cooked chips on a wednesday for £14 which includes a pint. Its not a big portion but is normally really nice. I think it is £16 normally so pretty decent value on a Wednesday with the pint ( it might be only in the evening)

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back