• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

John Legend and his wife lose their baby

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 2,443

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Sad,so so sad. It’s heartbreaking.
The thing that immediately struck me though was the photos they posted on social media.

Whilst I have no doubt it may well have helped somebody (and themselves) who has gone through the same dreadful experience my personal feeling was that the photos were a step too far for public viewing and certain parts of people’s lives should remain private.
In one photo it appears that they’ve had someone to take a photo of themselves lying on a hospital bed with the dead baby.

If you’ve seen them what do you think?

Darran said:
The thing that immediately struck me though was the photos they posted on social media.

Whilst I have no doubt it may well have helped somebody (and themselves) who has gone through the same dreadful experience my personal feeling was that the photos were a step too far for public viewing and certain parts of people’s lives should remain private.
In one photo it appears that they’ve had someone to take a photo of themselves lying on a hospital bed with the dead baby.

That's American's for you, they're far more willing to 'share' anything and everything online than their more reserved European cousins. The vast majority of Youtubers/Live streamers etc. being American is no accident.

Monty said:
Darran said:

That's American's for you, they're far more willing to 'share' anything and everything online than their more reserved European cousins. The vast majority of Youtubers/Live streamers etc. being American is no accident.

The photos make me feel a little uneasy.

Totally agree with you Darran , something as sad and traumatic as this for both of them should have remained private. Whatever happens to people today whether good bad or tragic they seem to want to splash it all over social media.

cmajack said:
Totally agree with you Darran , something as sad and traumatic as this for both of them should have remained private. Whatever happens to people today whether good bad or tragic they seem to want to splash it all over social media.

I thought about posting the photos on here but I really don’t think they’re appropriate for public consumption.

Darran said:
cmajack said:

I thought about posting the photos on here but I really don’t think they’re appropriate for public consumption.

I haven’t seen the story and I don’t know what has happened but I know for certain that I don’t need to see photos of a dead child reposted on here. I think you’re right not to post them. If it helps them to put them out there that is their choice but if I wanted to see them I could go looking for them. I don’t.

Itchysphincter said:
Darran said:

I haven’t seen the story and I don’t know what has happened but I know for certain that I don’t need to see photos of a dead child reposted on here. I think you’re right not to post them. If it helps them to put them out there that is their choice but if I wanted to see them I could go looking for them. I don’t.

I agree JG.

Itchysphincter said:
Darran said:
if I wanted to see them I could go looking for them. I don’t.

That's exactly what I think when he posts his latest shirts, jackets and album covers

Darran said:

You are right, there are many things, that should just be private. Them taking a photograph, to keep and cherish, that's fine.. to share it on social media, just NO.

It's not like they posted a picture of a dead body, you can't even see anything, she's holding a blanket that apparently has their baby inside. Darran and his tabloid level reporting and the usual Daily Mail commenters replying with outrage to something they haven't even seen. Every one of the picture is very tastefully done, documenting their tragedy for their millions of fans. Every one of them is in the papers btw. '

They're also being praised by charities for sharing, the only outlet that has criticised them aired not long before Darran posted... big fan of loose women are we Darran?

A couple lose their baby and the first 3 or 4 commentators here immediately criticise them for their lack of posting etiquette.

I haven't seen the photos because I didn't go looking for them and don't intend to, but my sympathies are with them, miscarriages are traumatic enough but at 3 months this would be worse because it would have been a recognisable baby.

Glyn1 said:
A couple lose their baby and the first 3 or 4 commentators here immediately criticise them for their lack of posting etiquette.

I haven't seen the photos because I didn't go looking for them and don't intend to, but my sympathies are with them, miscarriages are traumatic enough but at 3 months this would be worse because it would have been a recognisable baby.

Sympathies were giving to them in the opening post.
Nobody’s gone looking for them they were unmissable yesterday if you do twitter.
If you think it’s the correct procedure that’s fine,I don’t. I don’t get it at all.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back