• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

jos buttler

CountyJim

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
I notice the ones calling for his head back in the winter are very quiet 🤫

CountyJim said:
I notice the ones calling for his head back in the winter are very quiet 🤫

Buttler is getting better and better as a player IMO, it does show the benefits of keeping faith with a player even when possibly out of form.

Great partnership here - highest ever for England for the 5th wicket in test matches!

Just needs to learn how to keep wicket properly now otherwise he’ll be hopelessly exposed if we end up touring Sri Lanka and India in the winter. I’m pleased he’s turned his batting around though. He’s a good player.

exiledclaseboy said:
Just needs to learn how to keep wicket properly now otherwise he’ll be hopelessly exposed if we end up touring Sri Lanka and India in the winter. I’m pleased he’s turned his batting around though. He’s a good player.

There will be better wicket keepers out there but I think on balance even now he is the best option behind the stumps for what he brings overall to the team

Double ton now for Crawley

In British conditions I agree. On the subcontinent, Foakes should play.

400 up bat all day keep Pakistan in the field go for 650-700 we've won the series

exiledclaseboy said:

Possibly, I'm not going to agree with you - it goes against the grain!

CountyJim said:
400 up bat all day keep Pakistan in the field go for 650-700 we've won the series

No chance. Pakistan will be batting before the end of the day if the weather holds up.

exiledclaseboy said:
CountyJim said:

No chance. Pakistan will be batting before the end of the day if the weather holds up.

I'd like to see Buttler open up a bit now, scoring rate is good but a bit of fun now please ! :mrgreen:

exiledclaseboy said:
CountyJim said:

Old saying in cricket do what the oppo would least like and that would be to keep on batting remember Pakistan have to win this test

CountyJim said:
250 up for Crawley unbelievable!!

Sir Len Hutton's record 364 for an Englishman in tests is under threat here. But agree that they need to be having a right go now.

exiledclaseboy said:

I think we’ve had this debate before and shared the same opinion. Butler up at the stumps on turning pitches won’t work. The much better glove work of Foakes will he needed.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back