• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

This is remarkable!!!

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
I had to check that it wasn't April 1st.

Wow!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54331994

dickythorpe said:
I had to check that it wasn't April 1st.

Wow!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54331994

I saw that on the news earlier, looks fantastic, but just wait until Health and Safety get to grips with it.

Brilliant application for this technology. Must be pretty hard to master though, and in windy and cloudy conditions you'd have to be a nutter to use it. Great idea though and if it saves 1 life it's worth it.

They've been around for a while, they cost about a quarter of a million each. Personally if people are daft enough to climb peaks, unprepared, i'd leave them up there :D

Monty said:
They've been around for a while, they cost about a quarter of a million each. Personally if people are daft enough to climb peaks, unprepared, i'd leave them up there :D

Got to say Monty here I agree with you. All very well for someone to put his own life at risk just to climb a mountain but what about those who have to go and rescue them? Selfish buggers I say.

What could possibly go wrong

Something fast and hard to control in the lake district

I'm thinking Donald Campbell

legoman said:
Got to say Monty here I agree with you. All very well for someone to put his own life at risk just to climb a mountain but what about those who have to go and rescue them? Selfish buggers I say.

I've known experienced, well prepared people who've gotten into problems through no fault of their own climbing so leaving them there may be a bit harsh.

The dozy sods who get themselves trapped on the end of Worm's Head despite signs everywhere warning them are another matter. If it's a warm dry day feel free to leave them there until the tide goes out.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back