• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Treadmills

Off topic a bit and I understand that many don’t feel confident enough to run outdoors, but honestly, I’ve found that the benefits are tenfold. Fresh air, seeing people, seeing nature...far better than running indoors watching a tv.

Treadmilling is better than nothing though of course!

Jackfath said:
Does anyone own a treadmill? I'm looking for some recommendation for a home use one.

Any decent websites out there for such items? I've got these three sites so far. Demand has gone through the roof since lockdown so not a hge range of stock. Any makes to avoid etc?

https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/fitness-equipment/treadmills
https://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/
https://www.branxfitness.co.uk/

We've got a Roger Black one which is pretty good but don't have any experience of any others tbh.

Great minds sort of think alike, Fathy. I've just ordered a £200 home exercise bike. I prefer to sit on my arse to exercise due to dodgy knees. It's so hot at the moment and I can't always motivate myself to get the real bike out to cycle up hill and down dale. I intend to do more on the roads in the winter, but the idea with the exercise bike is to put it on the large balcony outside the bedroom and force myself to do 30 minutes a day whilst looking at the splendid view or listening to music. That's the theory anyway......

I have used the fitness superstore one and got really good service. They are based in Chelmsford and I live close by so I was lucky enough to be able to go to their shop and try before I bought. This helped as my intended treadmill that I had seen wasn’t particularly any good. I have since bought other equipment from their online store. I got a life fitness treadmill and it is excellent. Life fitness also provide a very good after purchase service and quickly replaced a pet that had gone on the treadmill.

Canveyswan said:
I have used the fitness superstore one and got really good service. They are based in Chelmsford and I live close by so I was lucky enough to be able to go to their shop and try before I bought. This helped as my intended treadmill that I had seen wasn’t particularly any good. I have since bought other equipment from their online store. I got a life fitness treadmill and it is excellent. Life fitness also provide a very good after purchase service and quickly replaced a pet that had gone on the treadmill.

Dog, cat, rabbit or Guinea pig?

I was looking to buy one after having a trial but didn't get that far.

For being in possession of bad musical taste. I pleaded guilty.

I have used a treadmill in the past and thought it good, however when i then went running outdoors it was a completely different experience.I thought I was reasonably fit, but found out that a treadmill just doesn't do it

You're relatively young aren't you fathy?

Seriously, plodding about outdoors is immeasurably better than a running machine.

If you're shy, go somewhere quiet, run early/late.

If you're afraid you'll blow your knees out, find a soft field or beach to start on until you lose weight.

Most importantly, buy a pair of trainers suited to your running gait. Do the wet footprint test, then look for a suitable pair of cushioned/neutral/stability etc shoes.

If you just want a quick trot on a treadmill in your spare room, as long as it's suitable for your weight I wouldn't spend too much.

Better to get a good rower.

Bought a refurbbed Life Fitness one off these guys https://www.equip4gyms.com/ earlier in the year.

They take all the old stock out of commercial gyms and tart them up. I paid £500 for a 7 yr old treadmill that was £7.5k brand new :shock:

Got loads of stuff down there 👍

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back