• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans miss out on two transfer targets - Williams still hopeful for more

'Didn't want to come' = 'nothing here that I want to be part of'?????

Especially with sought after talent.

Sadly, it will always be difficult to convince young talented players to join Swansea on relatively low wages, and to move to an area without as much infrastructure and far away from cities such as London, Birmingham, Manchester etc.

Whilst the opportunity to play regular first team football and have good facilities behind you is exciting, these players are humans too, and go out boozing and shopping. Swansea is hardly a metropolitan utopia to facilitate the life of a footballer.

I'm certainly not talking down the area or bashing it, but we have to acknowledge that this is a problem for the Club and it is facing an uphill battle convincing players to come here instead of Watford, QPR, Bristol etc.

I so hope Ronald will be a great signing. I really do. However, I can't see it. I also don't want to hear about people we tried to sign and didn't. We've had those platitudes for many a year. I truly despise these Head of Recruitment roles. I just don't get why the manager doesn't pick who he wants to sign. (It's understandable in recruiting youth players). Don't try telling me Williams was after Ronald !!!!
I shall watch Sky Sports tomorrow in hope rather than anticipation. I expect it to be much like the final day of the window in 11 (?) when my hope was extinguished by the return of Fede Bessone and the remarkable signing of Darnel Situ (!!!!!).
I hope to proved wrong.
STID

I so hope Ronald will be a great signing. I really do. However, I can't see it. I also don't want to hear about people we tried to sign and didn't. We've had those platitudes for many a year. I truly despise these Head of Recruitment roles. I just don't get why the manager doesn't pick who he wants to sign. (It's understandable in recruiting youth players). Don't try telling me Williams was after Ronald !!!!
I shall watch Sky Sports tomorrow in hope rather than anticipation. I expect it to be much like the final day of the window in 11 (?) when my hope was extinguished by the return of Fede Bessone and the remarkable signing of Darnel Situ (!!!!!).
I hope to proved wrong.
STID
Ronald showed glimpses of what he’s about last night at Leicester.Fast, direct and plays on the front foot. Once he gets upto speed, I’m sure he’ll become a crowd favourite.

I hope to proved wrong.
STID
Isn't the final day Thursday this year? I'd guess Williams is on the same head coach contract as Duff, who stated publicly that he had no input into player recruitment. He said something like, I coach what I'm given.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back