• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Liam Walsh may have played last game for club following new injury setback ...

Didn’t work out. Worth the initial punt, not sure it was worth the renewals. His body can’t hack professional football.

Didn’t work out. Worth the initial punt, not sure it was worth the renewals. His body can’t hack professional football.
We'll probably release him at the end of the season, then resign him two weeks later when we start panicking because we think we haven't got enough cover. A la Naughton.

Naughton should not be compared with any player who has a history of injuries Kyle has been the ultimate pro for this club and i for one am glad he is still here. His professionalism has been there for all to see, now approaching the twilight of his career but he has served us well.

I like Liam Walsh and there is undoubtably a good skilful player there but we just haven’t seen enough of it, he will have to go and we wont be re-signing him.

Such a shame, one of our best natural talents (and dressing room characters) with the rare ability to unlock the tightest of defences. It's also a big shame we didn't get to see more of the potent chemistry with his relationship with Pato - with Pato playing out wide left and Walshy linking and feeding his deft moves. It's not over yet though, he's a proper fighter and tough cookie.

Would make an excellent pundit, a proper student of the game and highly eloquent.

At least he'll now get to properly utilise his season ticket at Anfield.

I’m sure the gamble of renewal must have been known, it certainly was to some of the fans who knew his injury record.

I still cannot fathom why we took that gamble.

LW was very cagey about Walsh's injury, especially when he said it wasn't a muscle injury but had pain

Talented lad and gutted it hasn't worked out for him here.

Such a shame, one of our best natural talents (and dressing room characters) with the rare ability to unlock the tightest of defences. It's also a big shame we didn't get to see more of the potent chemistry with his relationship with Pato - with Pato playing out wide left and Walshy linking and feeding his deft moves. It's not over yet though, he's a proper fighter and tough cookie.

Would make an excellent pundit, a proper student of the game and highly eloquent.

At least he'll now get to properly utilise his season ticket at Anfield.

Walsh is an Evertonian, joined them at the age of 5. Was always good for us when he played which wasn't anywhere near enough.

It's a real shame, he's a talented lad and brought us something different, but it looks like his body can't cope with the rigours of professional football.
Good luck to him whatever the future holds.

Walsh is an Evertonian, joined them at the age of 5. Was always good for us when he played which wasn't anywhere near enough.

You’re right - he played for the Everton academy. And is a lifelong Liverpool fan and ST holder, goes with his dad as often as he can, apparently.

(Seem to remember PSNews did an excellent feature on Liam last term, ‘the missing link’).

Football can be cruel, and it takes away some great players through injuries, whatever he does next I wish him all the luck, can’t even imagine the mental torture that goes through their minds when injuries after injuries occur.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back