• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Aimar Govea

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
I was working the Cardiff v Sunderland game today…

… I haven’t read much about Govea and his surprise inclusion today.

How was he?

He didn't see a lot of the ball, but looked ok when he did. Certainly left the impression of wanting to see more of him under less 'sh*t team performance' circumstances.

Where did he play?

On the wing or the Pato role?
I would have said wider or at least that was where he caught my eye more

I will confess I was only half watching the game after it sent me to sleep in the first half

I would have said wider or at least that was where he caught my eye more

I will confess I was only half watching the game after it sent me to sleep in the first half
Looked to me like pretty much all of his work was on the left wing.
Didn't have much of a chance to leave an impression when the team performance as a whole was so flat.

Looked to me like pretty much all of his work was on the left wing.
Didn't have much of a chance to leave an impression when the team performance as a whole was so flat.
To be fair as well we also failed to utilise any width in the performance at all yesterday

Placheta and Ronald were pretty redundant

As you said, flat performance (suspect that was why I fell asleep!)

To be fair as well we also failed to utilise any width in the performance at all yesterday

Placheta and Ronald were pretty redundant

As you said, flat performance (suspect that was why I fell asleep!)
Slightly harsh we did try to utilise the width on several occasions but every time we did and our wingers (usually Ronald) skinned their fullbacks they were rugby tackled off the pitch and the ref wouldn't even blow up for a free kick let alone a booking.

I remember midway in the second half Ronald got the ball and had isolated the fullback, he put it through the defenders legs and had acres of space behind to run into, the defender full on hugged him and pushed him off the pitch and there wasn't even a foul.

There was also the extremely blatant shoulder charge onto Paterson in the first half which again wasn't even punished with a free kick let alone a card.

Admittedly it is also true that we were not playing the chipped balls over the top or the slide rule passes for them as much as we have done when we have seen Ronald at his best. I put much of that though down to Key's lack of playing time with Ronald in a real game situation, and I suspect that a lot of LW's post game review with him will be focused on that.

Govea started wide left & after Patino came on he switched to wide right. Had 1 decent run but didn't make much of an impact really.
Assuming the Arsenal kid isn't injured he must be way off it if a very raw Govea is selected in front of him I'd say.
Ronald's worst game yesterday unfortunately, our front 3 were all poor.

He could have passed for one of the matchday mascots before the game, give him more minutes against QPR I say...

Slightly harsh we did try to utilise the width on several occasions but every time we did and our wingers (usually Ronald) skinned their fullbacks they were rugby tackled off the pitch and the ref wouldn't even blow up for a free kick let alone a booking.

I remember midway in the second half Ronald got the ball and had isolated the fullback, he put it through the defenders legs and had acres of space behind to run into, the defender full on hugged him and pushed him off the pitch and there wasn't even a foul.

There was also the extremely blatant shoulder charge onto Paterson in the first half which again wasn't even punished with a free kick let alone a card.

Admittedly it is also true that we were not playing the chipped balls over the top or the slide rule passes for them as much as we have done when we have seen Ronald at his best. I put much of that though down to Key's lack of playing time with Ronald in a real game situation, and I suspect that a lot of LW's post game review with him will be focused on that.

Fair play maybe I was asleep longer than I realised :oops:

Looks like he’s got a lot of potential.

Liked the look of him today… didn’t seem fazed at all. Looks quick, direct and willing to take a player on.

And what a goal that would have been if it came down the right side of the line - even if it was a cross!

Looks like he’s got a lot of potential.

Liked the look of him today… didn’t seem fazed at all. Looks quick, direct and willing to take a player on.

And what a goal that would have been if it came down the right side of the line - even if it was a cross!
Walked the dog down Wind St this evening and bumped into him with his dad, lovely lad, very shy.

He does look very promising for just 17years old. How come he's having a chance now then? Is it because we are considered 'safe'? Or because he's signed a pro contract and is tied to us? He hasn't even played much for the u21s from what I've seen?

He does look very promising for just 17years old. How come he's having a chance now then? Is it because we are considered 'safe'? Or because he's signed a pro contract and is tied to us? He hasn't even played much for the u21s from what I've seen?
Not even really a standout performer for the u18s afaik. But players can develop at different rates, he's still very small. And coaches will see different things. Like Sam Parker potentially has that extra bit of pace that makes a huge difference in being ready for senior football at this level, where everyone's an athlete. A few of our established u21s lack that, and will need to develop other qualities before they can step up, if they ever can.

Dan James wasn't a better footballer than Aaron Lewis, he could just run twice as fast.

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back