• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

2022 health thread.

WalterBoyd

First Team Player
Reaction score
At the moment I -
1. Drink too much alcohol
2. Exercise little
3. Eat rubbish, too many bar meals, take aways, crisps, biscuits etc.

On January 1st I will post my weight and a target weight over 12 months. I would love others to join me.

Post weight monthly. During the month add what's working, motivation, tips etc. May sound a bit girly, but it's now or never for me.

It's cheaper than weight watchers. Cutting the alcohol and weight should add a few years to my life and yours. Hopefully see a few others join here on 1-1-2022.

Going for walks have helped me immensely. Cutting back on sugar as well. No puddings after big meals is another.

Water, water, water. I chug litres and litres of the stuff every day. Get a nice bottle to put it in and keep it by your side while at the computer etc. A drop of lemon juice too can have its health benefits.

WalterBoyd said:
At the moment I -
1. Drink too much alcohol
2. Exercise little
3. Eat rubbish, too many bar meals, take aways, crisps, biscuits etc.

On January 1st I will post my weight and a target weight over 12 months. I would love others to join me.

Post weight monthly. During the month add what's working, motivation, tips etc. May sound a bit girly, but it's now or never for me.

It's cheaper than weight watchers. Cutting the alcohol and weight should add a few years to my life and yours. Hopefully see a few others join here on 1-1-2022.

The crunch comes after a good start with weight dropping off, you inevitably hit the wall and weight stops coming off, it gets soul destroying and then start drifting back into bad habits, its a complete lifestyle change that's needed not some fancy named fad diet that's impossible to stick to, don't tell me that the keto diet the 5 and 2 diets etc are somin you can commit to long term.

dickythorpe said:
Going for walks have helped me immensely. Cutting back on sugar as well. No puddings after big meals is another.

A fecking big tub of Joes Ice cream, does wonders for me, really improves my mood :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
The crunch comes after a good start with weight dropping off, you inevitably hit the wall and weight stops coming off, it gets soul destroying and then start drifting back into bad habits, its a complete lifestyle change that's needed not some fancy named fad diet that's impossible to stick to, don't tell me that the keto diet the 5 and 2 diets etc are somin you can commit to long term.

Completely right about both the lifestyle change and the fad diets.

Cooperman said:
Niigata Jack said:

I know, I've done the fad diets, great when they're working, but impossible to commit to long term, life style change is a different matter altogether, its a lot to give up.

Niigata Jack said:
Cooperman said:

I know, I've done the fad diets, great when they're working, but impossible to commit to long term, life style change is a different matter altogether, its a lot to give up.

It doesn’t have to be though. Lifestyle changes can be introduced gradually. There’s neither need or reason to jump over a cliff into a diet of plants and water. Do it bit by bit and let things adjust at a comfortable pace.

Cooperman said:
Niigata Jack said:

It doesn’t have to be though. Lifestyle changes can be introduced gradually. There’s neither need or reason to jump over a cliff into a diet of plants and water. Do it bit by bit and let things adjust at a comfortable pace.

No way and I mean nofingway do I intend going vegan or the like.

Niigata Jack said:
Cooperman said:

Good point! However I will say that there are some tremendous vegan recipes and outstanding vegan foods that taste better than their ‘natural’ alternative. I once did a taste test with the kids using vegan sausages and a middle of the range meat banger, both of them said that the vegan sausages were nicer. Some of the milk is also nicer than dairy. At the end of the day it comes down to choice and doing things in moderation, and if we were honest with ourselves most would admit to needing a little bit more moderation when it comes to diet.

Cooperman said:
Niigata Jack said:

Good point! However I will say that there are some tremendous vegan recipes and outstanding vegan foods that taste better than their ‘natural’ alternative. I once did a taste test with the kids using vegan sausages and a middle of the range meat banger, both of them said that the vegan sausages were nicer. Some of the milk is also nicer than dairy. At the end of the day it comes down to choice and doing things in moderation, and if we were honest with ourselves most would admit to needing a little bit more moderation when it comes to diet.

Yep, I agree, friends of ours are Vegan and have been last two yrs, not for me though, diet moderation and weight loss is gonna be a major objective for me come the new year.

I find drinking lots of water to be overrated. Drink when you're thirsty. Otherwise, don't bother. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution has taught our systems to know when it needs hydration.

For 2022 I wish to maintain the 17-18 miles per week of walking I currently do whilst keeping the cheat days down to a maximum of two. If I can manage that I'll be happy.

Dr. Winston said:
I find drinking lots of water to be overrated. Drink when you're thirsty. Otherwise, don't bother. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution has taught our systems to know when it needs hydration.

For 2022 I wish to maintain the 17-18 miles per week of walking I currently do whilst keeping the cheat days down to a maximum of two. If I can manage that I'll be happy.

What’s a cheat day?

This thread says So much about the OP, fair play, in a Nutshell.

Poor thread, in so many ways.

I’m in.

Just bought an air fryer after much procrastinating and looking about and I intend to use it to bake and roast veggies as well as other things. Er indoors has a soup maker and generally brews something up on a Sunday which we then take to wrk on Mondays and Tuesdays, st normally some kind of root vegetable potion and is very filling and healthy.

Not going to do any specific diet, but will cut out the crap, eat fruit and veggies and get balk in to the walking, I try to do a brisk 3 miler as quick as I can.

I’ve done it before and interest can wain, but with some additional motivation from fellow posters hopefully I’ll achieve my goal.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back