• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

2022 health thread.

AndyCole said:
This thread says So much about the OP, fair play, in a Nutshell.

Poor thread, in so many ways.

I have risen above posters coming over from another site trying to start arguments all the time. I find it funny. I love a laugh.

Goodnight.

AndyCole said:
This thread says So much about the OP, fair play, in a Nutshell.

Poor thread, in so many ways.

Again you have nothing of value to add...and nobody is surprised.

Dr. Winston said:
I find drinking lots of water to be overrated. Drink when you're thirsty. Otherwise, don't bother. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution has taught our systems to know when it needs hydration.

For 2022 I wish to maintain the 17-18 miles per week of walking I currently do whilst keeping the cheat days down to a maximum of two. If I can manage that I'll be happy.

Humans have very poor thirst receptors (let's call them that for ease of understanding). If a human is thirsty, they're basically already dehydrated. Dogs on the other hand, will drink when they need to.

BanosSwan said:
Dr. Winston said:
I find drinking lots of water to be overrated. Drink when you're thirsty. Otherwise, don't bother. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution has taught our systems to know when it needs hydration.

For 2022 I wish to maintain the 17-18 miles per week of walking I currently do whilst keeping the cheat days down to a maximum of two. If I can manage that I'll be happy.

Humans have very poor thirst receptors (let's call them that for ease of understanding). If a human is thirsty, they're basically already dehydrated. Dogs on the other hand, will drink when they need to.

I agree. If you are thirsty, too late, body is already dehydrated.

If climbing mountains, perfectly fine to drink natural water. Top tip.

I suppose my water intake isn’t solely just for the sake of it - running a 10k most days will naturally leave you dehydrated. I just find it stops me from reaching for other ways to fill my stomach, when I probably don’t need it.

‘Dieting’ is a bit of a dirty word, you need to change your lifestyle and it won’t feel like hard work then. It does shock me when I hear of people eating takeaways, pizza and pasta throughout the week as if it is a normal lifestyle. ‘Healthy’ food doesn’t have to be boring.

MrSwerve said:
I suppose my water intake isn’t solely just for the sake of it - running a 10k most days will naturally leave you dehydrated. I just find it stops me from reaching for other ways to fill my stomach, when I probably don’t need it.

‘Dieting’ is a bit of a dirty word, you need to change your lifestyle and it won’t feel like hard work then. It does shock me when I hear of people eating takeaways, pizza and pasta throughout the week as if it is a normal lifestyle. ‘Healthy’ food doesn’t have to be boring.

“….shock me when I hear of people eating… pizza and pasta throughout the week as if it is a normal lifestyle.”

Ah, so you’re not one of the Roman Swerves then.

Re water, I’ve taken to having hot water with chopped ginger and birds eye chilli to flavour it up instead of tea or coffee. Can just keep refilling all day for constant hydration.

There is a significant mass of chocolates and biscuits here that are going to need eating before all this begins. I could try drip feeding it into lunchboxes but this will take us up to next Christmas. The only sensible option is to carry on eating Quality Street for breakfast over the course of this week.

monmouth said:
Re water, I’ve taken to having hot water with chopped ginger and birds eye chilli to flavour it up instead of tea or coffee. Can just keep refilling all day for constant hydration.

Chilli - good for metabolism :thumbsup_tone3:

Exercise more, eat less.
Use my fitness Pal to track your intake of calories.
Cut out processed foods and cook your own meals from scratch.
Eat less red meat and cut down on other meat. Takeaways should only be eaten as a treat.
Bread is a killer for me. Don't eat it.
Snack on hard boiled eggs.
Portion size is critical. Your body will adjust within days and you'll wonder why you stuffed you face.
Be disciplined.

As my old man used to say, cut out bread, beer, spuds, meat and cheese. You won’t live longer but it will certainly feel like you do.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back