• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

2023 Rock Drummer of the year

ABSwan

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Drumeo 2023 awards. Pau, 21 year old The Warning drummr

Excellent. Rock drumming doesn’t demand really high technique but she’s really good at what she does. Great to see. Genuine girl power, not manufactured by men.

Since when does it not require high technique? I’d love to know…..?
I should have said relatively. Straight 4/4 used in almost all of that style is the easiest. Think the difference between Bill Bruford and Alan White, or have a look at Buddy Rich or the guy from the Mahivishanu whose name I forget, or the guy in Rufus. Or even Phil Collins, playing in unbelievably difficult time signatures. I’ve tried to play them all, and that sort of rock is the easiest, but as I said shes excellent at it, a million times plus better than me, that’s for sure..

That said, for all I know she also plays other forms, and could be equally good.

She's stated in the past that one of her biggest influences is Neil Peart, not a bad target to aim for. I've been amazed at her ability to sing lead while performing intricate fills at the same time.

In this video Evolve, she deviates wildly from simple 4/4

Edit: and like Peart, she's the main song writer for the band.

Always thought Danny Carey from Tool was freakishly good - at least to me who knows next to nothing about playing the drums.

Carl Palmer of ELP , recently part of ASIA , both groups I still listen to non stop even now .

Seen him performing in Malvern few years back with Asia, no fancy lighting , lasers and big screens .

His part of the show was non stop got to look at him and his role , smaller Theatre and audience made each Band Member get more highlighted , loved that show that night .

Seemed he fashioned his current style on Buddy Rich , clips on You Tube can see similarities .

Great to have that clip of The Warning at the start , my music taste too .

Glen Sobel must be in second place behind our own Terry Williams .

I remember Carl Palmer's rotating drum kit when I saw them at Wembley.

For those interested, they play Cardiff on April 26, wish I could be there to see them.

warn.JPG

If you‘re a fan of drummers, the winner here (below) is appearing at Swansea Jazz Club on February 7th.
I suppose if you are a real fan of drummers , you already knew that.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back