• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

A Peppercorn Sauce Fountain

I'm off to Bologna and Lucca in Italy for four days on Friday. I'll be up to my eyeballs in pizza, Bolognese ragu and the best ice cream in the world. Foodie heaven. I'll send you some photos.

I'm off to Bologna and Lucca in Italy for four days on Friday. I'll be up to my eyeballs in pizza, Bolognese ragu and the best ice cream in the world. Foodie heaven. I'll send you some photos.
If you’re seeing Bologna for the first time then you won’t be disappointed. I’m fortunate enough to almost call it as my second home (due to work), and ragu is up there on my list of favourite nosh.

Two favourite restaurants for you to look up:
Ristorante Rodrigo (the pricier of the two)
Vicolo Colombina

If you’re seeing Bologna for the first time then you won’t be disappointed. I’m fortunate enough to almost call it as my second home (due to work), and ragu is up there on my list of favourite nosh.

Two favourite restaurants for you to look up:
Ristorante Rodrigo (the pricier of the two)
Vicolo Colombina
Cheers, Coops. We've been to Bologna once or twice before, went to the amazing medieval dissection lecture theatre in the University last time (oldest university in Europe). We have a favorite restaurant which we want to visit again, Il Veliero, and we've been recommended another in the centre by friends, Osteria dell'Orsa, a rough and ready studenty place with communal tables and benches, their ragu is supposed to be the dog's bollucks (no jokes, please).

Cheers, Coops. We've been to Bologna once or twice before, went to the amazing medieval dissection lecture theatre in the University last time (oldest university in Europe). We have a favorite restaurant which we want to visit again, Il Veliero, and we've been recommended another in the centre by friends, Osteria dell'Orsa, a rough and ready studenty place with communal tables and benches, their ragu is supposed to be the dog's bollucks (no jokes, please).
I have grabbed a late dinner from Il Veliero as it’s two mins away from Royal Carlton Hotel.

Will have a look at dell ‘Orsa in November, always happy to take a recommendation. Had a look on Google, looks right up my street, as does the tortellini brodo. Thank you.

As we are on a peppercorn sauce post...wasn't there a previous discussionon on said topic which had posters top picks...Feedback please😁

As we are on a peppercorn sauce post...wasn't there a previous discussionon on said topic which had posters top picks...Feedback please😁
If I don’t have much time then I use the one in the photo, and are usually inclined to add a shot of brandy and some whole peppercorns to it. Quick, easy and very good in less than five minutes. Note, there’s a mild version but avoid this as it’s… mild.

On the other hand, if I’ve got the time then this is the go to recipe.

Attachments

• 78B10FFA-F03C-4451-AA34-C2E976931247.jpeg
    78B10FFA-F03C-4451-AA34-C2E976931247.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 0
The one they sell in Lidl, absolutely superb it is. I e tried most supermarket versions and that is the top dog.

If I don’t have much time then I use the one in the photo, and are usually inclined to add a shot of brandy and some whole peppercorns to it. Quick, easy and very good in less than five minutes. Note, there’s a mild version but avoid this as it’s… mild.

White Pepper goes on my steak and chips along with a decent dollop of Dijon mustard, washed down with Yellow tails Merlot or Malbec.

Mrs and Eldest like the pepper sauce, I love White pepper, but not fused on pepper sauce, I can take of leave Black pepper, more taste and strength with White pepper, IMO.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back