• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

AC/DC

I also know a sound man/tech who planted Angus Young a few years back.

Itchysphincter said:
I think you might have mentioned it. :roll: :lol:

Talking to a mate of mine yesterday - he made a guitar case for Phil Campbell for a Flying V that he’d had commissioned - Phil has since sold guitar and case to Dave Grohl and my mate has seen him using it on telly 30-odd years later.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love stories like that.
A girl on twitter was talking about Marc Bolans 1970
Flying V that a fella in Briton Ferry bought for £37k off motorcycle stuntman Chris Bromham a few years ago.

Darran said:
I know he’s small but one thing I find really odd is you never ever see a photo of AY in public anywhere between tours.

I think he mostly keeps himself to himself. Lives in Holland. Teetotal so doesn't go out much. Listening to him being interviewed he doesn't come across as an exuberant type.

Dr. Winston said:
Darran said:
I know he’s small but one thing I find really odd is you never ever see a photo of AY in public anywhere between tours.

I think he mostly keeps himself to himself. Lives in Holland. Teetotal so doesn't go out much. Listening to him being interviewed he doesn't come across as an exuberant type.

Indeed.

Cool. I'm interested to hear which order they play the same 3 chords in this time :lol:

Darran said:
Itchysphincter said:
I think you might have mentioned it. :roll: :lol:

Talking to a mate of mine yesterday - he made a guitar case for Phil Campbell for a Flying V that he’d had commissioned - Phil has since sold guitar and case to Dave Grohl and my mate has seen him using it on telly 30-odd years later.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love stories like that.
A girl on twitter was talking about Marc Bolans 1970
Flying V that a fella in Briton Ferry bought for £37k off motorcycle stuntman Chris Bromham a few years ago.

Fuck my eyes spooky.

https://twitter.com/whisperingbob/status/1311396799496835077?s=21

Itchysphincter said:
So Phil Rudd’s back, they’ll be good again then.

I'm assuming they'll be touring. I guess Rudd won't be allowed into the US with his convictions, unless he can pass them off as fake news.

I have a slightly different AC/DC story.

In the late 70s & early 80s, I was in a heavy rock band called Eazy Money and our singer was a Maltese guy called Marc Storace (pronounced Storarchee) and he had an amazing classic rock voice. Things were progressing quite nicely for us, we'd made a verbal arrangement with music publishers Heath Levy Music and they let us use their recording studio for free on weekends where we recorded a 6 song demo which was circulated through the music biz. On the strength of that we were invited to re-record one of our tracks for EMI's follow up to their various artists album "Metal for Muthas" (which was Iron Maiden's breakthrough), called (imaginatively) "Metal for Muthas 2: Cut Loud" which we recorded in Deep Purple's Ian Gillan's studio and it was released late 1980.

Anyway, in early 1980 we were in a very posh London rehearsal complex called Nomis (owned by The Who's manager, Simon Napier-Bell) polishing a few songs for a behind closed doors showcase gig for a group of A&R guys from the Chrysalis record label and who else was rehearsing in Nomis at the same time, AC/DC. Well, I'm not sure on the precise chronology here but the time between Bon Scott's death and Brian Johnson's recruitment was only about 6 weeks but once they'd heard Marc's voice, AC/DC were VERY interested in him as Bon Scott's replacement and we used to see them peering through the double glazed door panel of our rehearsal room while we were playing and we occasionally chatted with them in the recreation area of the complex. Anyway, Marc eventually left us to join Swiss HM band Krokus with whom he still performs occasionally and has done ok for himself by all accounts, still living in Switzerland as he had done before his stint with us in London.

Now, I don't know for sure if Marc was actually offered the gig with AC/DC and if he was, I don't know whether it was before or after Johnson was offered it but I wasn't aware of it at the time. I was briefly in touch with Marc in 2017 when he contacted his old band mates after he'd been informed that our former manager had died, but in 2016, when Johnson announced his departure from AC/DC, this article appeared in NME online in which Marc says 100% he was offered the job in 1980 and was possibly being lined up for it again!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/acdc-24-1203485

karnataka said:
I have a slightly different AC/DC story.

In the late 70s & early 80s, I was in a heavy rock band called Eazy Money and our singer was a Maltese guy called Marc Storace (pronounced Storarchee) and he had an amazing classic rock voice. Things were progressing quite nicely for us, we'd made a verbal arrangement with music publishers Heath Levy Music and they let us use their recording studio for free on weekends where we recorded a 6 song demo which was circulated through the music biz. On the strength of that we were invited to re-record one of our tracks for EMI's follow up to their various artists album "Metal for Muthas" (which was Iron Maiden's breakthrough), called (imaginatively) "Metal for Muthas 2: Cut Loud" which we recorded in Deep Purple's Ian Gillan's studio and it was released late 1980.

Anyway, in early 1980 we were in a very posh London rehearsal complex called Nomis (owned by The Who's manager, Simon Napier-Bell) polishing a few songs for a behind closed doors showcase gig for a group of A&R guys from the Chrysalis record label and who else was rehearsing in Nomis at the same time, AC/DC. Well, I'm not sure on the precise chronology here but the time between Bon Scott's death and Brian Johnson's recruitment was only about 6 weeks but once they'd heard Marc's voice, AC/DC were VERY interested in him as Bon Scott's replacement and we used to see them peering through the double glazed door panel of our rehearsal room while we were playing and we occasionally chatted with them in the recreation area of the complex. Anyway, Marc eventually left us to join Swiss HM band Krokus with whom he still performs occasionally and has done ok for himself by all accounts, still living in Switzerland as he had done before his stint with us in London.

Now, I don't know for sure if Marc was actually offered the gig with AC/DC and if he was, I don't know whether it was before or after Johnson was offered it but I wasn't aware of it at the time. I was briefly in touch with Marc in 2017 when he contacted his old band mates after he'd been informed that our former manager had died, but in 2016, when Johnson announced his departure from AC/DC, this article appeared in NME online in which Marc says 100% he was offered the job in 1980 and was possibly being lined up for it again!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/acdc-24-1203485

Great story Dave and I can fully believe that about Marc,it was eight weeks between Bon and Brian and they also interviewed Gary Pickford-Hopkins from Neath.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back