• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Better than expected

Bridgendjack

First Team Player
Reaction score
Well that was a better start to the season than expected. Crap first half, slightly better second half but neither team was brilliant. Happy to take 3 points on the road at a place we historically don’t do well at. Bring on Birmingham next week !!

Bridgendjack said:
Well that was a better start to the season than expected. Crap first half, slightly better second half but neither team was brilliant. Happy to take 3 points on the road at a place we historically don’t do well at. Bring on Birmingham next week !!

You’re basing your comment on what happened last week or what happened at the end of last season?

Bridgendjack said:
Based on last weeks performance of course.......

I didn’t read too much into last week purely on the basis of the squad depth and relevance of the game.

Cooperman said:
Bridgendjack said:
Based on last weeks performance of course.......

I didn’t read too much into last week purely on the basis of the squad depth and relevance of the game.

I hoped that was the case but you know what we’re like.....!!!

Fabulous result, well done everyone at the liberty.

Cooperman said:
Bridgendjack said:

You’re basing your comment on what happened last week or what happened at the end of last season?

I'd agree with Bridgendjack based on September to February last season.

Hissy fit from last week over for a bit. For me, enough to put fears of relegation to back of mind for the time being.

There will be those who like reminding us of the possibility of relegation until it's mathematically impossible. Hell, they might end up being right, but Christ what a negative, joyless way to follow a team eh? A dusting of realism is healthy every now an again, but it's hard to get what enjoyment the prophets of doom get out of football.

That is unless you're DYSS and want to prove what an astute footballing genius you were to pick out Man Yoo as a good team to follow in the late ninetees, if some hollow, glory hunting, modern football nothingness was what you were after.

Defense looked pretty solid, dealing with alot of crosses to the big striker. got to give credit to bidwell... whatever role he had today.. I hope he keeps playing like that! Nice debut goal, but obviously it might take a little while for the attackers to get used to each other. So I am expecting them to get better over time.

Overall decent performance, but hope for the performances to improve over time (mainly with the attackers).

Swan91 said:
Defense looked pretty solid, dealing with alot of crosses to the big striker. got to give credit to bidwell... whatever role he had today.. I hope he keeps playing like that! Nice debut goal, but obviously it might take a little while for the attackers to get used to each other. So I am expecting them to get better over time.

Overall mut agree dealing with crosses we look 9/10 to win the ball in the air. Most confident i've been for a while also defending corners.

No praise for Cooper I see.

Bet many teams won’t come away from Deepdale with 3 points this season.

Doing a decent job under difficult circumstances with the Yanks in charge.

Keep it up Coops 👍

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back