• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Bistrot Pierre, Mumbles.

Lifelong said:
Meal there last night to celebrate a family occasion.

Cracking location, very good atmosphere, meal was OK but I expected better.

Agreed - wouldn't go back there. El Pescador was good the other night

Any news on the old Antelope building? It's been a good 3 years since I last went to Mumbles.

dickythorpe said:
Any news on the old Antelope building? It's been a good 3 years since I last went to Mumbles.

Think there's a new build there now, posh flats.

dickythorpe said:
Niigata Jack said:
Think there's a new build there now, posh flats.

🤔😐🧐😮😞

I'm wrong Dicky here it is, apparently its gonna be renovated and turned into a wine bar.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x486e8b9e08fee82d%3A0x5c3698c1e565d4ad!3m1!7e115!4s%2Fmaps%2Fplace%2Fthe%2Bantelope%2Bmum

Niigata Jack said:
dickythorpe said:
Cracking breakfast in Pennard Stores's Three Cliffs coffee shop.
They used to do a cockles and laverbread fritter once upon a time

Had breakfast at the Cafe overlooking Limeslade a couple of months back, it was ok, but prefer Trams, nicer and cheaper, although that Cafe is more of a Ice Cream parlour come Coffee shop I suppose in fairness

Will have to try one of these in the summer. Runny eggs with black pudding 😍

waynekerr55 said:

Have you tried the Wee Black Pudding from Simon Howie? It’s more than pukka!

Cooperman said:
waynekerr55 said:

It wasn't to my liking.
If anyone shops in Costco you can get a whole Bury black pudding about 15 inches long for under £2.50.
Stornoway black pudding is still the best though.

waynekerr55 said:
Niigata Jack said:
Had breakfast at the Cafe overlooking Limeslade a couple of months back, it was ok, but prefer Trams, nicer and cheaper, although that Cafe is more of a Ice Cream parlour come Coffee shop I suppose in fairness

I recommend giving Trams a try, then a nice walk to work it off, then pop in the Pilot for a cheeky beverage or three :lol:

Cooperman said:
waynekerr55 said:

Will have to try that

waynekerr55 said:
Cooperman said:
Will have to try that

He’s based in Scotland but his fare finds its way South into most supermarkets. His haggis is also tremendous.

@Simon_Howie for his Twitter feed.

WxmJax said:
Cooperman said:

Stornoway black pudding is still the best though.

That’s the one that got voted best black pudding, right? It’s almost impossible to source though (unless you go to Scotland).

Been to Bistro Pierre a few times of an afternoon whilst being on leave from work, very nice if you like a drop of wine, but beer selection limited.
Also resembles a Conservative bridge club afternoon session, full of permed up old ladies, accompanied by Pringle sweater wearing, Lionel Blair lookalike golf type husbands 🏌‍♂️

Swanjaxs said:
Been to Bistro Pierre a few times of an afternoon whilst being on leave from work, very nice if you like a drop of wine, but beer selection limited.
Also resembles a Conservative bridge club afternoon session, full of permed up old ladies, accompanied by Pringle sweater wearing, Lionel Blair lookalike golf type husbands 🏌‍♂️

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Swanjaxs said:

Prosser wouldn't get over the threshold with the attire he dons, his shirt and hair alone screams loud :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back