• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Bitey Things

Squarebear

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Once upon a time one needed to travel abroad to encounter bitey things like mosquitos.

Well, ok, we had gnats, but they never seemed much of a problem.

Well, this year I've noticed my evening strolls often result in insect bites on my ears. And today, wandering around Singleton Park with the dog, I've got home with circa 200 bites all over my body. Mrs Bear has just set off to search for anti-histamines as my entire body is itching to buggery.

I blame Brexit.

Squarebear said:
Once upon a time one needed to travel abroad to encounter bitey things like mosquitos.

Well, this year I've noticed my evening strolls often result in insect bites on my ears. And today, wandering around Singleton Park with the dog, I've got home with circa 200 bites all over my body. Mrs Bear has just set off to search for anti-histamines as my entire body is itching to buggery.

I blame Brexit.

Might I suggest some sort of a hat? Perhaps a pith helmet with those ear covering thingys?

Squarebear said:

I blame Brexit.

Dissolve a cup of salt, preferably unrefined salt [not table salt] in boiled water and tip in a bath full of warm/hot water, crack open a beer of choice and jump in bath for a soak and relax and enjoy supping the ale, job done. :D

Most any kind of anti-allergy pill is worth taking after being bitten. Piriteze or something like that. They'll at least lessen the itching. The creams are a waste of time according to my pharmacist.

If, like me you're prone to bad bite reactions not much will work to prevent the ones that blister up or eventually leak.

I hadn't realised insect repellant was a requirement in this country. At least I hadn't. I'm going to get some though.

Mrs Bear has returned from the shops with a variety of potions. Pirateze has done the job, which I'm bleedin grateful for. I just wish she hadn't photographed my lumpy skin at my lowest point and circulated photos to the family.

Squarebear said:
I hadn't realised insect repellant was a requirement in this country. At least I hadn't. I'm going to get some though.

Mrs Bear has returned from the shops with a variety of potions. Pirateze has done the job, which I'm bleedin grateful for. I just wish she hadn't photographed my lumpy skin at my lowest point and circulated photos to the family.

The photos are on Insta too mate! Looks nasty!

Squarebear said:

Mrs Bear has returned from the shops with a variety of potions. Pirateze has done the job, which I'm bleedin grateful for.

" I just wish she hadn't photographed my lumpy skin at my lowest point and circulated photos to the family"

In all your glory you mean :lol: :lol:

Bastards things love me to, I'm unable to sit long out on the patio, as dusk approaches on a calm/balmy evening, without the fukers attacking me.

I've used the salt method a few times and it has certainly helped, antihistamine pills do help as well.

I was washing the car the other day and a horsefly practically the size of a dinner plate landed on the roof to drink some water.....I've also seen them out on walks the blighters...extremely nasty bites..but not as bad as Steve Backshall and his bullet ant ritual...(top pain grade 4 on the Schmidt sting pain index)...

https://youtu.be/3oaHbedkgdM

Not quite a “bitey thing” but looks like one.

1102-F4-CC-8-B12-4-D17-B3-BA-8765-B57-D8-DFB.jpg

Big too.

623196-E6-8451-43-C6-9-D0-C-4-C775-EAAA2-A0.jpg

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members