• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cardiff have no record of Keith Pontin

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 1,720
Darran said:
F*cking hell. 👀

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61304628

Bunch of cùnts, they can see a compensation claim going in and already distancing themselves from one of thier own! Despicable club

Darran said:
F*cking hell. 👀

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61304628

That's a complete cop out, seems Barry Town have said the same :x

Current data protection law prohibits keeping any data of any kind for longer than is absolutely necessary. Data has to be destroyed as soon as it becomes 'no longer relevant and/or current' (ie: soon after Pont left the club, and/or retired). Pont retired in 1991 so it is perfectly feasible for none of his clubs to still have records. And what records would the club be expected to maintain in 1991 anyhow - how many times Pont headed the ball in training and matches, and if he suffered any impacts? maybe today's technology allows this to be recorded and analysed, but this was 1991 and a different world then.

Barry Town, to their credit, spoke in Pont's support in court, and assisted the coroner reach the right decision. Nothing to see here - no cop out from either club, just both clubs adhering to data protection law.

RIP Pont. Some greater good may be hastened by this enquiry and credit to his family for pursuing it. RIP Pont.

BarryTownSwan said:
Current data protection law prohibits keeping any data of any kind for longer than is absolutely necessary. Data has to be destroyed as soon as it becomes 'no longer relevant and/or current' (ie: soon after Pont left the club, and/or retired). Pont retired in 1991 so it is perfectly feasible for none of his clubs to still have records. The law was different then. Barry Town spoke in Pont's support in court, and assisted the coroner reach the right decision. Nothing to see here - no cop out from either club, just both clubs adhering to data protection law.

A good lawyer will go back and get every clip from local papers and from tv that is relevant over the years, trust me, this case will run for both the scum and Barry Town... Watch this space

Swanjaxs said:
BarryTownSwan said:
Current data protection law prohibits keeping any data of any kind for longer than is absolutely necessary. Data has to be destroyed as soon as it becomes 'no longer relevant and/or current' (ie: soon after Pont left the club, and/or retired). Pont retired in 1991 so it is perfectly feasible for none of his clubs to still have records. The law was different then. Barry Town spoke in Pont's support in court, and assisted the coroner reach the right decision. Nothing to see here - no cop out from either club, just both clubs adhering to data protection law.

A good lawyer will go back and get every clip from local papers and from tv that is relevant over the years, trust me, this case will run for both the scum and Barry Town... Watch this space

I guess you are right, this case isn't over, but what exactly is either club deemed to have done wrong in the context of time and motivation? and what about Pont's other clubs? and Wales? where's the neglect or lack of care by any club in the 1980s and 1990s? A tragic case. RIP Pont.

BarryTownSwan said:
Current data protection law prohibits keeping any data of any kind for longer than is absolutely necessary. Data has to be destroyed as soon as it becomes 'no longer relevant and/or current' (ie: soon after Pont left the club, and/or retired). Pont retired in 1991 so it is perfectly feasible for none of his clubs to still have records. And what records would the club be expected to maintain in 1991 anyhow - how many times Pont headed the ball in training and matches, and if he suffered any impacts? maybe today's technology allows this to be recorded and analysed, but this was 1991 and a different world then.

Barry Town, to their credit, spoke in Pont's support in court, and assisted the coroner reach the right decision. Nothing to see here - no cop out from either club, just both clubs adhering to data protection law.

RIP Pont. Some greater good may be hastened by this enquiry and credit to his family for pursuing it. RIP Pont.

I don’t want to sound rude here but this is complete nonsense in the context being talked about.
They might not be allowed to keep his address and NI number but we’re talking about his playing record and games played in here.

Darran said:
BarryTownSwan said:

I don’t want to sound rude here but this is complete nonsense in the context being talked about.
They might not be allowed to keep his address and NI number but we’re talking about his playing record and games played in here.

Just expressing my view - I agree with you, any decent statistical record book would provide this, I probably could, but why would this help the coroner today? it adds context to his career but that's all. Regarding medical records etc, Pont retired in 1991 - that's 31 years ago - why would any club retain records for 31 years when it is now illegal to keep them. A hospital or GP maybe? Interested to see how this case develops. Opens up a potential huge can of worms.

BarryTownSwan said:
Darran said:

Just expressing my view - I agree with you, any decent statistical record book would provide this, I probably could, but why would this help the coroner today? it adds context to his career but that's all. Regarding medical records etc, Pont retired in 1991 - that's 31 years ago - why would any club retain records for 31 years when it is now illegal to keep them. A hospital or GP maybe? Interested to see how this case develops. Opens up a potential huge can of worms.

Yes that’s a fair point.

I hate/detest everything and everyone connected to those cvnts, but genuinely gutted for his Mrs. Tbh, does anyone expect anything else from them ?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back