• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Chicago Rock/,Hogarths?

HSBC in Swansea Centre was The Park Inn Pub back in the day .

Think the days of that change of usage are long gone .
Now Weatherspoons are buying all the old bank buildings .

Robbie said:
HSBC in Swansea Centre was The Park Inn Pub back in the day .

Think the days of that change of usage are long gone .
Now Weatherspoons are buying all the old bank buildings .

Yeah, I went in there for a pint, what was the name of the pub upstairs. Oh god, it's been mentioned before

EDIT: Harry's ?

TheLoneRanger said:
The POEU club then finished up as the Q&R (busmen) club, with the Body Shop gym (I think) underneath both clubs - that then became Chicago Rock and they took over the whole building.

I played snooker in the POEU Club many times, the tables had the tightest pockets anywhere in Swansea.

Not sure of the split floors in the Park Inn , normally just a detour call from the Kingsway tour , Griffin , Hanbury , Prince of Wales then The Rank .

Sure there was another haunt en route at the corner of Union St and the Kingsway , cannot remember the name of it .
It had a long corridor to rear access of the place .

Robbie said:
Not sure of the split floors in the Park Inn , normally just a detour call from the Kingsway tour , Griffin , Hanbury , Prince of Wales then The Rank .

Sure there was another haunt en route at the corner of Union St and the Kingsway , cannot remember the name of it .

The bar upstairs came after the park had shut, bit of a nightclub/bar didn't last for long, I'm thinking early 90's, it shut, then the bank opened.IIRC

Edit: Just noticed about the pub on corner of union st and kingsway, has to the number 10?

No I remember the No 10 as well , think it ia s Charity Shop now , as the norm .

The place had a big stuffed grizzly bear on their staircase .

Robbie said:
No I remember the No 10 as well , think it ia s Charity Shop now , as the norm .

The place had a big stuffed grizzly bear on their staircase .

Sure the grizzly was the No 10, I can't think of any other pubs on union street.

Yes , the No10 had the bear , time to get onto Dr Google now for more digging .

Robbie said:

That pub was a little further up the Kingsway from the junction with Union Street, and it was The Swan.

EDIT ...

The "New" Swan.

TheLoneRanger said:
That pub was a little further up the Kingsway from the junction with Union Street, and it was The Swan.

Blinking heck I am well impressed, what a memory of old pubs.

As an aside I see the Westbourne has reopened, good to see as usually when a pub closes it usually means curtains nowadays...

Robbie said:

The No10 Bar was in Union St :oops:

Note to self read the thread before jumping in with ones Trotters :lol:

Muteswan said:
I played snooker in the POEU Club many times, the tables had the tightest pockets anywhere in Swansea.

Not as tight as Prossers pockets though Mutey :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back