• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Christie has “other options” presenting themselves with no Swans offer yet

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
It is certainly looking like the situation that the Swans will have plenty of competition for Cyrus Christie this summer if they want to make the loan spell from last season into a permanent deal. It has been reported several times that Nottingham Forest, Watford and Turkish sides are chasing Christie...

Read more

We won't be making offers for anyone until we have two sales.

Downes and Piroe out the door imminently....

I'm lukewarm about this one. He'll be 30 in September, and he looked a bit injury prone towards the end of the season. He's also got no pace. I think he'd be a good squad player if at the right price, but that's all.

Pegojack said:
I'm lukewarm about this one. He'll be 30 in September, and he looked a bit injury prone towards the end of the season. He's also got no pace. I think he'd be a good squad player if at the right price, but that's all.

Yep.... We need cheap young and hungry players who can play like maradona

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Pegojack said:

Yep.... We need cheap young and hungry players who can play like maradona

Instead we’ll get cheap middle aged overfed players who play like Madonna.

Weirdly enough the goals and assists came for Christie after he started looking like less of a threat.
His early games he always looked super dangerous, but towards the end of the season it was hard to remember him beating a man with anything remotely looking like consistency.

Despite that, that's when most of his goals and assists came.

bakajack said:
Weirdly enough the goals and assists came for Christie after he started looking like less of a threat.
His early games he always looked super dangerous, but towards the end of the season it was hard to remember him beating a man with anything remotely looking like consistency.

Despite that, that's when most of his goals and assists came.

There was no cover for him. Probably could have done with a couple of matches out to recharge his batteries - his position and obviously on the opposite side are the most demanding positions in the team under this process we're trusting. We need propper cover on both sides if we need cover anywhere on the pitch.

Risc said:
Downes and Piroe out the door imminently....

This is just the inevitable that we all know or are there confirmed links and / or even initial bids from other clubs?

I read about Piroe and Leicester but it’s not back page news day in day out.

All this talk about 'targets' possibly looking elsewhere is merely an attempt to get supporters in favour of selling Piroe and/or Downes. Kind of drumming the message home that these sales are a good thing. Not that it's really needed, I think most supporters are already on board / resigned to these sales.

Risc said:
Niigata Jack said:

Yeah.

To lose them both will be a massive kick in the guts, we had the Silver dollar over here in January, trying to convince us all that next season was gonna be an exciting one, perhaps and hopefully it will be, but selling two of our top players ain't gonna help. :(

Good luck to him, steady player who will do well at Championship level.

Nobody will be recruited until we offload Piroe and Downes, the cupboard is bare, no pot to pìss in unfortunately.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back