• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Covid Deaths in Context

Jackmanandboy

First Team Player
Reaction score
https://adapnation.io/covid/

Data had no meaning except in context. We are regularly fed data in isolation. This analysis provides context.

Problem is you can’t catch most if any of the illnesses above Covid in that table from anyone else.

Exactly, those top 10 causes are down significantly, what needs to be investigated first is the 50 percent drop in pneumonia and the 3797 excess deaths outside the top 10 causes.

exiledclaseboy said:
Problem is you can’t catch most if any of the illnesses above Covid in that table from anyone else.

Problem is large percentage of those above the coronavirus, are preventable.

I believe only around 350 people under 65 who have no underlying conditions have died from coronavirus in the U.K. out of. Population of 67,000,000

Cardiffjack said:
I believe only around 350 people under 65 who have no underlying conditions have died from coronavirus in the U.K. out of. Population of 67,000,000

The NHS data is in the attached it supports your post.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/

Cardiffjack said:
exiledclaseboy said:

About 25% of deaths each year are classified as avoidable by the ONS(150,000) see below. Avoidable metabolic disease is estimated to take up around 40% of the NHS budget.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/causesofdeath/bulletins/avoidablemortalityinenglandandwales/2017

Jackmanandboy said:
Cardiffjack said:

About 25% of deaths each year are classified as avoidable by the ONS(150,000) see below. Avoidable metabolic disease is estimated to take up around 40% of the NHS budget.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/causesofdeath/bulletins/avoidablemortalityinenglandandwales/2017

Absolutely. I’m just a layman when it comes to medical/ scientific matters, but it’s something I’ve taken an interest in for over 20 years.

If you look at the NHS for example more money is invested every year and the Nation’s health gets worse each year, and that’s because the NHS doesn’t really spend much money on prevention and education.

Surely it would make more sense to prevent cancer, heart disease etc than actually treat it.

Cardiffjack said:

So are the over 65s expendable then? Does that make it ok, do elderly people who require hospital treatment deserve to die?

Pacemaker said:
Cardiffjack said:

So are the over 65s expendable then? Does that make it ok, do elderly people who require hospital treatment deserve to die?

Why are you making things up ? I never said such a thing.
I wish we all could live forever, but unfortunately we can’t.
What about the devastating effects the lockdowns are causing. We don’t lockdown every winter, to save people ( mostly elderly) from the flu.
There now is overwhelming evidence that locking down doesn’t save lives at all.

1999 was year with a large number of flu deaths approaching 50,000.

This article makes interesting reading as it is from 2015.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34919149

Cardiffjack said:
Pacemaker said:

What about the devastating effects the lockdowns are causing. We don’t lockdown every winter, to save people ( mostly elderly) from the flu.

? it was never meant to was it? Wasn't it meant to buy time (time that has been totally wasted by incompetent self obsessed arseholes) to sort out hospital provision and stop the existing capacity from being deluged? And how do you know that older people that have shielded haven't been saved from death by corona? What's your 'overwhelming evidence' for that?

monmouth said:
Cardiffjack said:

? it was never meant to was it? Wasn't it meant to buy time (time that has been totally wasted by incompetent self obsessed arseholes) to sort out hospital provision and stop the existing capacity from being deluged? And how do you know that older people that have shielded haven't been saved from death by corona? What's your 'overwhelming evidence' for that?

That's at the heart of the argument with some scientists saying that lockdowns work and a few now saying it is very difficult to control the spread of the disease.

https://m.facebook.com/unlockedunitedkingdom/videos/exclusive-to-unlocked-mike-yeadon/409747283542470/

monmouth said:
Cardiffjack said:

It’s quite clear that lockdowns do what they’re supposed to do, which was never meant to be eradicating the virus.

exiledclaseboy said:
monmouth said:

It’s quite clear that lockdowns do what they’re supposed to do, which was never meant to be eradicating the virus.
Well that’s stating the obvious. The lockdown has been a disaster and will be felt for many years.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back