• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Covid Deaths in Context

Cardiffjack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
It’s quite clear that lockdowns do what they’re supposed to do, which was never meant to be eradicating the virus.
Well that’s stating the obvious. The lockdown has been a disaster and will be felt for many years.

Here's the Oxford University Government response tracker.

https://www.bsg.ox.ac.uk/research/research-projects/coronavirus-government-response-tracker

Cardiffjack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
It’s quite clear that lockdowns do what they’re supposed to do, which was never meant to be eradicating the virus.
Well that’s stating the obvious. The lockdown has been a disaster and will be felt for many years.

You read that in his response? Are you A Fan's Dad or Catulus?

yea that £166m spent on field hospitals that were never used.

The world was unprepared, some countries more than others. In the panic, my view is that most countries just copied each other's approach like dominoes. Personally, I believe the more vulnerable should have been identified - perhaps in future this can be automated, i.e. obesity, age, underlying issues = straight onto a ranking database, but this may have GDPR issues which would need to be addressed.

Then, focus the attention and protection proportionately across those at risk, and make provision for them and direct resources around that sector. Things like free delivery for anything, support networks (NHS, social services, volunteers etc.), perhaps times in the week where retail, hospitality etc. would be Covid compliant (mandatory - so that those at risk could integrate and feel safer should they wish to), public transport would be Covid mandatory compliance throughout a pandemic and so on. Once that is in place, the rest of us crack on as best as we can. I believe we would have not just saved non-Covid deaths, but Covid ones too, as well as protecting the economy. One size has never fitted all, and the best fixes (both preventive and reactive) are always focused in my experience (my background is technical not medical mind you). Hopefully, we will be more ready next time and initiate well thought through prepared measures, such as those I've described. This may be controversial, but it's my view.

Going off topic but why the hell was my (and Cudeys) post removed...Anyone?

DJack said:
Going off topic but why the hell was my (and Cudeys) post removed...Anyone?

See the post at the top of the forum - we had a database crash last night so around 2 hours of posts were lost as I had to revert to a previous backup. Was between around 645 and 830pm

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back