• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cyril v Zampa

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
20 Years ago yesterday...

Source: Planet Swans

After a friendly penalty shootout between Cyril and Zampa which Cyril won 3-1, the two mascots got into a playful brawl where Zampa tried to behead Cyril but because of the clasp on the back of his neck was unable to remove it.

In retribution Cyril whipped off the head of Zampa and proceeded to kick the mascots head 20 ft into the air to great cheers from the fans. The teenager in the Millwall costume stood dumbstruck for a moment before directing a masturbation signal to the Swansea fans then departed the field.

The club are trying to dismiss tha affair with the following statement : ” As part of our half time entertainment, Cyril the Swan participated in a penalty shoot out, as is the norm, with his Millwall counterpart Zampa the Lion.

This was a good natured affair, with much light hearted banter between the mascots. This developed into a “head- to-head” match where Zampa attempted to remove Cyril’s head, without success, only for Cyril to manage to “relieve” Zampa of his! At all times, this remained good natured.

The club objects to the way in which this matter has been reported by sections of the media, with the use of language, insinuating that the crowd was enraged by the incident. In the photograph published, the fans pictured are all Millwall supporters, and you will see that nearly everyone has a smile on their face. Not one supporter appears to be enraged – they appear to have taken the matter in the manner it was intended. The club cannot condone behaviour that is likely to incite trouble, and have spoken to Cyril, regarding the matter.

View attachment Cyril Zampa 2B.jpg
View attachment Cyril Zampa 4.jpg
View attachment Cyril Zampa.jpg
View attachment Cyril Zampa 3.jpg

sainthelens said:
Itchysphincter said:
One of those ‘I was there’ moments.

Indeed, was FAF, wasn't so funny outside after tho.

I seem to remember playing them a couple of times close together, maybe LDV and league or something, can’t quite remember but at least one of them was a midweek game. Me and my dad always used to stroll down from the direction of St Helen’s road and besides one or two chopsing I can’t say I saw anymore to double with Millwall than we did anyone else, even though we half expected it.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back