• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Devastating blow for Routs – let’s win it for Wayne

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Wayne Routledge has been dealt a devastating blow with the news that the injury he suffered against Barnsley at the weekend was indeed an ACL injury which will rule him out for the rest of this year and potentially even bring down the curtain on his career. Routledge was already uncertain of a future...

Read more

ACL injuries used to seem so rare.

Good luck and a swift recovery Wayne. I'll stick my neck out and say I'd love to see us keep him on in some role on the coaching side if his playing days are up.

We need to fill that role, and I can't think of anyone that could do it. I guess we will risk Cullen, but he's done nothing to show he is ready for it. Routs' strength was that he was a link player and could make threatening runs behind.

So sad for him to finish like this, but he has been an incredible asset to us. I'll hold my hands up and say I never dreamt of how important he would be when he signed in 2011. Laudrup's approach made him a great player. Him and Dyer are true modern greats, and they never deserted us for more money neither, unlike a couple of our 'legends'.

He found stability here and a home after a lot of wandering
Thanks for the memories Wayne

The word "legend" gets thrown around too much, but Wayne well and truly deserves it.

We were like his 8th club in 6 years after being loaned out left right and centre and he has never looked back.
He waived a contract extension clause last season to make himself available to help our push for promotion
He has never once complained or pushed for a move elsewhere when he was not getting involved in the matchday squad
Ten years at the club, he well and truly deserves the testimonial he is due
I don't know if he wants to continue to be involved in the game after retirement as a coach but he definitely has the footballing brain for it

Dont underestimate the value he will give us pre match. Could well have a major galvanising effect.

Not the career killer it used to be, and although it may be the end of his time with us, I don't see why he wouldn't find another team when he gets back to fitness.

Brilliant player and club man. I'm sure he would relish the opportunity to develop here, so I'm sure he'll remain in some capacity - hopefully future head coach.

If this is indeed the end of his playing career, congratulations on a fabulous journey Mr R.

Along with the rest of the possee, this won't be the last we see of Sir Wayne.

ACL is treatable but will be months of rehab. Get through and it come back stronger. Good luck.

One of my favourite players in recent times, would love to see him in another role here.
Get well soon Wayne.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back