• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Did Russell Martin turn down Watford approach

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Russell Martin has revealed that he  turned down the chance to speak to another club about their managerial vacancy earlier this month. Martin refused to name the club involved but the BBC report that he was on the radar of Watford who have dropped back into the Championship after another one year...

Read more

dickythorpe said:
Such a shame he has decided to turn them down.

You didn't like Potter either Dicky and he seems to be doing just fine at the mo...

Turning down Watford was a no brainer for him with the time it would take to introduce his system and the amount of time they would be prepared to give him - two or three months max. Would he turn down a more credible job offer, that is the question.

Was going to say, why would Watford take Martin at present when they will be demanding an immediate promotion back to Premier League? I'm a big fan of him and think he will be successful here but the top and bottom of it is he hasn't managed a top half finish in his career so far so from outside looking in, that isn't great.

But I suppose they took a guy on from Forest Green in the end with no experience at all of managing players at Championship level, never mind premier league ones.

Considering the Watford record for hiring and firing managers I am not surprised at all that RM turned them down. The big litmus test for RM is the coming season, he has had a one season grace period from many fans as he implements his playstyle and rotates out players he doesn't want or that don't fit his system.

This season now he has to show visible improvement on the 15th place finish and start turning all that possession into chances and ultimately goals while fixing what was a horrifically leaky defence.

bakajack said:
Considering the Watford record for hiring and firing managers I am not surprised at all that RM turned them down. The big litmus test for RM is the coming season, he has had a one season grace period from many fans as he implements his playstyle and rotates out players he doesn't want or that don't fit his system.

This season now he has to show visible improvement on the 15th place finish and start turning all that possession into chances and ultimately goals while fixing what was a horrifically leaky defence.

Yes, I think we need to be seriously challenging for the play offs next season, which should come about naturally if he fixes our current problems. Going to be an interesting summer transfer window ...

Risc said:
dickythorpe said:
Such a shame he has decided to turn them down.

You didn't like Potter either Dicky and he seems to be doing just fine at the mo...

So? I've got to be a sheep have I?

I don't think Forest's defence looked that shit hot last night
Lucky they aren't playing Fulham or Bournemouth in the final.
Huddersfield aren't that great but it wouldn't surprise me if they beat Forest.

Is a fuck given?

I’m not sure about anyone else but I simply couldn’t care if he stays or goes.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back