• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Eat out - help out

Spljack

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for Swansea restaurants that are participating and worth a visit.

Have PS posters had a good experience eating out lately?

Booking essential I'd say. Use the government website and put your postcode in, gives all results within five miles.

This scheme will be paid for next year by rising taxes. So the working person will end up paying for it.

Builthjack said:
This scheme will be paid for next year by rising taxes. So the working person will end up paying for it.

Aye. Plus the furlough scheme and all the other financial assistance. All of which was necessary and the right thing to do of course but it’ll all have to be paid for.

My son is restaurant manager with a national pub chain, Monday to Wednesday is absolutely through the roof, you literally have to book a week in advance, Thursday onwards is hardly worth them opening food wise.

September, in his own words is "shit or bust time" for the pub industry...

Heard good things about the secret beach bar and restaurant, also I notice that new Marco Pierre restaurant is involved in the scheme, never tried it, but for half price got to be worth a go. https://www.mpwrestaurants.co.uk/offers/eat-out-help-out.

Also as others have mentioned, I think booking is essential, wherever you intend going.

jack123 said:
Heard good things about the secret beach bar and restaurant, also I notice that new Marco Pierre restaurant is involved in the scheme, never tried it, but for half price got to be worth a go. https://www.mpwrestaurants.co.uk/offers/eat-out-help-out.

Also as others have mentioned, I think booking is essential, wherever you intend going.

Tried out Marco Pierre White on the weekend, decent food but overpriced especially for the area. I’m not sure if Swansea is crying out for a £20+ per course restaurant. Inside it is pretty much the same as La Parilla.

exiledclaseboy said:
Builthjack said:

Aye. Plus the furlough scheme and all the other financial assistance. All of which was necessary and the right thing to do of course but it’ll all have to be paid for.

I shouldn't have to pay for it. They gave me f*ck all. Like millions of other small businesses. Don't fall for the Tory shitehouse grandstanding, especially that crook Sunak.

Had a lovely bacon , brie and Cranberry sandwich at The Cwtch, next to the Rugby Shop in the big square by McDonald's.
Highly recommend as a good place for lunch in tge City Centre.

Builthjack said:

Aye it’s about time those lazy bastards who offer nothing to the economy started doing something.

Even if it’s cleaning up their local town it’s unfair on the working man to be burdened with it all.

controversial_jack said:
Hardly any of the cafes in Neath seem to be socially distancing their customers.

Life has to move on you can't keep people locked down forever.

Thank god Supermarkets have stopped that stupid queuing.

Raynor94 said:
controversial_jack said:
Hardly any of the cafes in Neath seem to be socially distancing their customers.

You do realise that the virus has no care of your worldview?

PencoedJack said:
Builthjack said:

Aye it’s about time those lazy bastards who offer nothing to the economy started doing something.

Even if it’s cleaning up their local town it’s unfair on the working man to be burdened with it all.

Round em up

DJack said:
Raynor94 said:

You do realise that the virus has no care of your worldview?

You could get a job at the BBC with that kind of scaremongering comment! Thing's need to move on..Look at this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/, 6 deaths, 1,000 plus infections, blah blah blah..

We can't carry on like this, let's get back to normal asap

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back