• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Eek. My back hurts

Squarebear

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Any recommendations for an osteopath?

I see there are a couple here in Sketty but I'm happy to go with a referral if anyone has had a good experience with one elsewhere in Swansea?

It's my SI joint that's playing up. Bloody Joe Wicks :x

There's a guy in Dunvant who is excellent.

https://www.dunvantphysio.com/

A mate of mine who is a fireman was struggling for years. This guy has sorted him out as well as many sportsmen.

Swansea University Health and Wellbeing Academy do osteopathy. Final year students do it under supervision and I understand that it’s very reasonable for that reason. I don’t have personal experience but I know a couple of people who say it’s excellent.

Squarebear said:

I see there are a couple here in Sketty but I'm happy to go with a referral if anyone has had a good experience with one elsewhere in Swansea?

Is it not a chiropractor you need?

This is a free service that I used last year for a shoulder problem (I've also put some of our employees through it).

As long as you live or work in the Swansea Bay region, you can get it.

The only downside is the initial over the phone consultation, which takes about half hour. After that, the appointments are rapid and a great service.

www.wellbeingthroughwork.org.uk/individual-support/

karnataka said:
Squarebear said:

Chiropractor!

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chiropractic/

"It's considered a type of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), which means it's not a conventional medical treatment."

i.e. quackery

Squarebear said:

Next time ask him to be a more gentle and considerate lover... :lol:

Morriston hospital and the resource centre in port talbot have free walk in physiotherapist service. Normally first thing in the morning. Not sure if they are providing service at the moment due to Covid but I have used the one in port talbot a few times in the past great for initial consultancy.
Gave me exercises to do and I was sorted

A chiropractor will be useful for some short term gain and pain relief but get yourself on the weights, it's the only thing that will sort you out.

Fbreath said:
Morriston hospital and the resource centre in port talbot have free walk in physiotherapist service. Normally first thing in the morning. Not sure if they are providing service at the moment due to Covid but I have used the one in port talbot a few times in the past great for initial consultancy.
Gave me exercises to do and I was sorted

Why people go to all sorts of so called experts when you have properly qualified Physiotherapists available for free, just as above I have used this service a few times even had a online session During lockdown recently following a slipped disc, excellent service and staff.

I had a session with a chiropractor in the past and she caused some serious damage to my back, first thing Dr said was did she do any x rays or scans before manipulation? Nope...you are lucky you haven’t had some permanent damage was the response. Be very careful going outside the NHS.

What I’ve found, since my [treacherous] back let me down, is that it’s like it for life. No fixee. Live with it but don’t let it debilitate you. Forget quackery.

airedale said:
What I’ve found, since my [treacherous] back let me down, is that it’s like it for life. No fixee. Live with it but don’t let it debilitate you. Forget quackery.

Full spectrum Dutch strain CBD oil sorted my sciatica out 2 years ago. Touch wood it’s not returned.

karnataka said:

I have "used" chiropractors for a number of years, and I daresay one would sort me out this time as they have done in the past.

However a physio warned me of the possible harm to one's back that is associated with long-term chiro therapy, so I'm hoping to go down the osteopath route.

Just put on some muscle on, you’re putting off the inevitable. I got a bad back, it’s a curviture of the spine and it’s a weakness. It causes all sorts of problems where my pelvis goes on the piss, hams shorten, lots of pain in the back, legs, balls, and the occasional spasm. I’ve used chiropractors, osteopaths, acupuncture and physios over the years with varying degrees of success, mainly in pain relief, but I can guarantee you that there’s one thing that keeps me pain free and mobile and that is building more strength. Get on the weights and while you’re at it stop eating inflammatory food.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back