• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Eek. My back hurts

Squarebear said:
karnataka said:
Is it not a chiropractor you need?

I have "used" chiropractors for a number of years, and I daresay one would sort me out this time as they have done in the past.

However a physio warned me of the possible harm to one's back that is associated with long-term chiro therapy, so I'm hoping to go down the osteopath route.

I definitely recommend an osteopath SB, I've had a back problem for over 20 years down to damn rugby, been seeing (pardon the pun) the same osteopath for all that time, he knows my problem and sorts it normally with one session sometimes two.

But he did mention that to help me more in my later years with my problem was to have a go at yoga, I've had one session a week for the last month and bloody hell it works, so I'd recommend sifting out a good osteopath and couple that with trying yoga my friend.

Fireboy said:
Squarebear said:
I have "used" chiropractors for a number of years, and I daresay one would sort me out this time as they have done in the past.

However a physio warned me of the possible harm to one's back that is associated with long-term chiro therapy, so I'm hoping to go down the osteopath route.

I definitely recommend an osteopath SB, I've had a back problem for over 20 years down to damn rugby, been seeing (pardon the pun) the same osteopath for all that time, he knows my problem and sorts it normally with one session sometimes two.

But he did mention that to help me more in my later years with my problem was to have a go at yoga, I've had one session a week for the last month and bloody hell it works, so I'd recommend sifting out a good osteopath and couple that with trying yoga my friend.

I’m gonna give the yoga a go too, not only for the back but general stiffness as well.

airedale said:
Fireboy said:

I’m gonna give the yoga a go too, not only for the back but general stiffness as well.

Good on you mate, all the muscles, tendons, ligaments etc link together so having supple hamstrings will help not only your back and yoga stretches them all.

Fireboy said:
airedale said:

Good on you mate, all the muscles, tendons, ligaments etc link together so having supple hamstrings will help not only your back and yoga stretches them all.

Flexibility, specifically in the hamstrings is vitally important to alleviate back pain. Develop core strength and lose any gut that may be present.

This is another piece of advice that is heavily weighted with do as I say, not as I do...

BanosSwan said:
Fireboy said:

Flexibility, specifically in the hamstrings is vitally important to alleviate back pain. Develop core strength and lose any gut that may be present.

This is another piece of advice that is heavily weighted with do as I say, not as I do...

That is spot on BS, the hamstrings and core are vital for flexibility and in this case to help alleviate back pain.

airedale said:
Fireboy said:

Is yoga also clever enough to give you general stiffness in specific areas?

karnataka said:
airedale said:

:eek:

karnataka said:
airedale said:

Phnarr, Phnarr🤣

karnataka said:
airedale said:

It does improve blood flow...

It's funny that yoga gets raised. I joined a Pilates class a year or so back. It's since that got cancelled in March that I've 1) lost flexibility and 2) got back pain again.

I didn't much enjoy yoga. Maybe it was just not the right chemistry. However my Pilates teacher (a completely mad girl) was brilliant. After an hour I'd be sweating from the exertion. Amazing.

karnataka said:
airedale said:

Absolutely. I remember after a particularly good session going up to the bedroom to change, where I tripped over falling almost face first to the ground before pole vaulting through the window.

Pacemaker said:
Fbreath said:
Morriston hospital and the resource centre in port talbot have free walk in physiotherapist service. Normally first thing in the morning. Not sure if they are providing service at the moment due to Covid but I have used the one in port talbot a few times in the past great for initial consultancy.
Gave me exercises to do and I was sorted

Why people go to all sorts of so called experts when you have properly qualified Physiotherapists available for free, just as above I have used this service a few times even had a online session During lockdown recently following a slipped disc, excellent service and staff.

I had a session with a chiropractor in the past and she caused some serious damage to my back, first thing Dr said was did she do any x rays or scans before manipulation? Nope...you are lucky you haven’t had some permanent damage was the response. Be very careful going outside the NHS.

Agree with this, the link i put up earlier is with the NHS.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back