• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Entitled to do so or just entitled so and so

Something went on as they were ejected from the flight, as opposed to them taking themselves off due to their concerns about safety. My guess it that things got a little more heated than the family have admitted.

Have now read the article in full (I hadn’t done so before) and the last paragraph quotes the policy of BA, EasyJet, etc.
Personally I think there is more to the story rather than them just asking the cabin crew to make an annoucment.

Personally I think there is more to the story rather than them just asking the cabin crew to make an annoucment.
It's easy to imagine what could have happened. The cabin crew wouldn't make the announcement, so they started telling the people sitting near them and asked them to pass word along the plane. They claim all the passengers were fine with this, but maybe someone complained to the cabin crew about it, or someone in the cabin crew got annoyed at the family taking matters into their own hands. Can quite imagine the crew/pilot getting shirty with the family and it's not hard to believe their response also led to the family responding angrily (although their asking others on the flight to come forward and support their version of events would suggest maybe most of the aggro came from the crew).

Unfortunate situation all around, although I would ask the family why they didn't inform the airline in advance? It's obviously an important issue for them and doesn't seem like something a parent would forget to do, especially if this airline doesn't have as clear guidelines as the others mentioned in the article.

It's easy to imagine what could have happened. The cabin crew wouldn't make the announcement, so they started telling the people sitting near them and asked them to pass word along the plane. They claim all the passengers were fine with this, but maybe someone complained to the cabin crew about it, or someone in the cabin crew got annoyed at the family taking matters into their own hands. Can quite imagine the crew/pilot getting shirty with the family and it's not hard to believe their response also led to the family responding angrily (although their asking others on the flight to come forward and support their version of events would suggest maybe most of the aggro came from the crew).

Unfortunate situation all around, although I would ask the family why they didn't inform the airline in advance? It's obviously an important issue for them and doesn't seem like something a parent would forget to do, especially if this airline doesn't have as clear guidelines as the others mentioned in the article.
Sounds like it could have been completely avoided on both sides. Something quite simple, relatively speaking escalated in to this.

Ps, you can tell the season is over, I need to get another hobby apart from football.

Him banging on the cockpit door is the likely story. That’s only going to end one way.

Currently flying over Pakistan, no announcements on my Singapore Airlines flight and nuts readily available.

If they are so concerned, take an epi pen or just don't travel in an enclosed metal tube 40,000 feet in the air with 300 people. Plenty alternatives available, just that they want to do what they want to do & sod the other 300 fare paying passengers who must conform to their demands.

Currently flying over Pakistan, no announcements on my Singapore Airlines flight and nuts readily available.

If they are so concerned, take an epi pen or just don't travel in an enclosed metal tube 40,000 feet in the air with 300 people. Plenty alternatives available, just that they want to do what they want to do & sod the other 300 fare paying passengers who must conform to their demands.
It will be the choice of the airline whether you get to eat nuts, not yours.

Not if I bring my own.
In the event of both a cabin crew announcement regarding nut allergies, and you happening to have a bag of KP on you, will you still consume them? You don’t know whether the young child with the allergy is one row or thirty rows away.

In the event of both a cabin crew announcement regarding nut allergies, and you happening to have a bag of KP on you, will you still consume them? You don’t know whether the young child with the allergy is one row or thirty rows away.
Exactly. Not a great attitude from Steve and I'm sure if he or a member of his family was in that situation, he wouldn't agree with 'just don't get on a plane then'.

I didn't state I would open or eat any nuts, just stating a fact that the airline would not prevent you from bringing nuts onto a plane.

I didn't state I would open or eat any nuts, just stating a fact that the airline would not prevent you from bringing nuts onto a plane.
Oh right. If you were told not to bring or eat nuts on a plane because another passenger had a serious allergy and you decided to bring some on anyway, but not open or eat them, then I guess that's fair enough. Way to stick it to the man...

Oh right. If you were told not to bring or eat nuts on a plane because another passenger had a serious allergy and you decided to bring some on anyway, but not open or eat them, then I guess that's fair enough. Way to stick it to the man...
Power to the Peanut ✊

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back