• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Fans returning to sports events

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Pilot events will take place from tomorrow and they're hoping to have fans back in time for the new season.

Some of the points raised are:

Fans could be allowed back into football stadiums again from next month

Their return could coincide with start of the new season in England and Wales

But spectators will have to agree to a code of behaviour to be let back in

This may mean they won't be able to sing or chant during matches

Lockdown restrictions have been eased to allow fans back to sports events 

Football fans 'will have to sign a code of conduct' to safeguard against spreading Covid-19 when they return to stadiums from next month - and that 'could include a ban on singing'

In America's Major League Soccer, fans had to sign a waiver saying they wouldn't take legal action against clubs or the league if they contracted coronavirus while attending a game

One-way entry and exit plus staggered arrival times are also likely to become the norm for those fans lucky enough to get a ticket

Fans will be expected to take full responsibility for themselves by not attending games if they show Covid-19 symptoms or if they've been near anyone who has them

If it is safe to return you don't need to sign health waivers.
You could see the stadiums full in October and a spike in November with sport shut down again in December.

I'd rather not go if there's all these rules etc.

SwansNZ said:
JBT95 said:
I'd rather not go if there's all these rules etc.
Not even to watch the Wales football team?

No. Sounds craptastic to me, no singing or chanting. So when we score what you meant to do? Just sit there and shut up or risk being thrown out?

JBT95 said:
SwansNZ said:
Not even to watch the Wales football team?

No. Sounds craptastic to me, no singing or chanting. So when we score what you meant to do? Just sit there and shut up or risk being thrown out?
[/quote

What ?? When has that ever been a problem for the West Stand at the Liberty ?

Longlostjack said:
JBT95 said:
[/quote

What ?? When has that ever been a problem for the West Stand at the Liberty ?

I don't sit in the West.

Swansea93 said:
Pilot events will take place from tomorrow and they're hoping to have fans back in time for the new season.

Some of the points raised are:

Fans could be allowed back into football stadiums again from next month

Their return could coincide with start of the new season in England and Wales

But spectators will have to agree to a code of behaviour to be let back in

This may mean they won't be able to sing or chant during matches

Lockdown restrictions have been eased to allow fans back to sports events 

Football fans 'will have to sign a code of conduct' to safeguard against spreading Covid-19 when they return to stadiums from next month - and that 'could include a ban on singing'

In America's Major League Soccer, fans had to sign a waiver saying they wouldn't take legal action against clubs or the league if they contracted coronavirus while attending a game

One-way entry and exit plus staggered arrival times are also likely to become the norm for those fans lucky enough to get a ticket

Fans will be expected to take full responsibility for themselves by not attending games if they show Covid-19 symptoms or if they've been near anyone who has them

A whopping 10 cases in Wales....can’t see why stadiums are just back to normal to be honest

Pubs open and in the main making very little effort to adhere to any rules, and that's before you consider people's forgetting the existence of Covid when they've had a few. But football grounds, that's a no.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back