• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Frankie Burrows

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 24
  • Views: Views 2,973

Risc

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Just read on twitter he's passed away?

If true, terrible news. No nonsense chap.

RIP Frankie

It was only yesterday i had a conversation about my top 5 fav Swans Managers of all time and he was one of them. Maybe not as successful as most but enjoyed his management style

I was thinking of him the other day as someone mentioned streets by the old Vetch, Burrows Road being one of them.

One of my favourite managers. Absolutely gutted to hear this.

He came up with some great quotes.

"man United have Eric cantona, we have Colin west and will endeavour to entertain"

Risc said:
Just read on twitter he's passed away?

If true, terrible news. No nonsense chap.

RIP Frankie

I saw on FB but haven’t seen it confirmed?

:cry:

sad news, one of the first managers I remember down the vetch, Frankie and his flat cap

RIP

Close to 30 years ago we played York away. We got there early and decided to park the car by the ground and walk into the city centre. Just as we walked past the ground the team bus turned up with Frankie and the kitman. Seeing my son in his top he came over and spoke to us for what was about half an hour. A perfect gent. RIP Frankie and thanks for the Wembley memory amongst others.

During our pre-season tour of Scotland in 1991.. at Raith Rovers post match Frank bought our small group a round which also had Alan Davies and Russell Coughlan on our table sadly all passed on. Enjoy your life while you can time is short !

RIP frankie, sad sad news. Great manager and a rarity who managed both South Wales teams

#frankiesays

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back