• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Freedom Of Speech

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
People are catching on anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-53330105?__twitter_impression=true

It's kinda entertaining to watch celebs who have spent most of the last few years decrying people with opposing opinions suddenly change their tunes when they become the target of a Twitter mob for wrongthink.

It's the same old story : "the Revolution devours its children".

These hypocrites are happy with others being cancelled and blocked but they cry like children when it happens to them.

There is no real freedom of expression in the UK. If old people were allowed to say what they want then most of the sane ones would be arrested.

Freedom of Speech is an interesting concept but one that is ,by definition,flawed as we cannot have it literally.
Otherwise "hate" speech and crimes would not be on the Statute Books.

There is an overwhelming ,silent majority in this country who are, and will remain, circumspect as to what they utter ,for fear of being ostracised or insulted on social media. People cannot and shouldn't have "freedom of speech"as it is subjective;what offend one might not another.We most certainly do not have anything like freedom of speech now.

It’s up to the receiver to ‘take offence’ and too many do these days.

Most people don’t give a jot about what’s said to them or others.

Andy1300 said:
It’s up to the receiver to ‘take offence’ and too many do these days.

Most people don’t give a jot about what’s said to them or others.

Sticks and stones and all that.
Personally, it doesn't bother me if someone has a go at me to my face, but it's the gutless amongst us that go around, shitsturring behind ones back, that really grips my shit...

Arthur_From_OTB said:
It's the same old story : "the Revolution devours its children".

These hypocrites are happy with others being cancelled and blocked but they cry like children when it happens to them.

There is no real freedom of expression in the UK. If old people were allowed to say what they want then most of the sane ones would be arrested.

That’s not true in this context though, is it? I wouldn’t say someone who’s had a novel published and promoted widely through the media has been denied free speech. It’s just that some people have told her she’s talking rubbish, which has also been allowed under ‘free speech’. The only thing wrong is people whining when someone says something they don’t like. They should just engage and have a grown up conversation about it, if it’s not beyond them.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back