• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Garry Monk defends his managerial career

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 1,887
He's not as bad as some make out, but he's definitely not as good as he thinks he is.

jackjackjackjack said:
He's not as bad as some make out, but he's definitely not as good as he thinks he is.

He has his time here spot on

Good first season, lots of records and our best ever PL finish

Then he slowly continued the dismantling of the things that made us good for many years and the rest is history

A sad day for us when we had to sack him but should never forget what he did for us as a player and captain

thank you for that defending at wembley and beating cardiff 3-0 in your first managerial game.

The more he dismantled Laudrup’s team the worse it got.

J_B said:
The more he dismantled Laudrup’s team the worse it got.

Not so much the team, but the ethos of everything we'd done before. Monk had to prove himself to be the smartest guy in the room by doing things differently and better than those he'd butted heads with. His ego would allow nothing else.

Sadly his talent wasn't as substantial.

Been a couple of Boro fans on Twitter adamant that when we sacked Clement Monk was in talks with us for a return...

jackjackjackjack said:

Yup. Some of the nonsense written about his time here as manager is pathetic.

PSumbler said:
Been a couple of Boro fans on Twitter adamant that when we sacked Clement Monk was in talks with us for a return...

I’m sure I remember someone saying on one of the forums at the time he met with Huw, and everyone rubbished it.

He could have, and still could be a great manager but he wanted it all too soon.

I look at Wayne Rooney in particular and I can't help but be impressed with everything he is doing at Derby, could he leave tomorrow and probably wait to get a decent job in the prem? Probably, but hes grinding his balls off in an absolute s**t show at Derby and will be infinitely better for it.

Monk just had this air of entitlement to him, he thought he could walk in to a Prem job, and just blag it on the foundation that was already built here, and it almost worked.

As we know, it eventually caught up to him and the fact he's not achieved anything at any of the Championship clubs he's managed or lasted a particularly decent time, suggests that realistically he is looking at moving into a League One/Two role if he fancies getting back into it.

He could have saved time and improved his career by just going there in the first place.

Risc said:
PSumbler said:

I’m sure I remember someone saying on one of the forums at the time he met with Huw, and everyone rubbished it.

Interesting - wonder if it is one of those that was true or whether it was just one of those that has been repeated enough to make it true.

I cannot seriously believe that we were ever considering bringing him back but we know our former Chairman's imagination never went far beyond those he knew

PSumbler said:
Risc said:

Interesting - wonder if it is one of those that was true or whether it was just one of those that has been repeated enough to make it true.

I cannot seriously believe that we were ever considering bringing him back but we know our former Chairman's imagination never went far beyond those he knew

Zero time for Monk or Jenkins personally.

Like people say, good captain for us but the day he admitted he didn’t want us to get promoted under Sousa is the day all respect for him diminished.

The guy is bad news

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back