• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Gigs ‘24

Let's Rock Wales, Singleton Park July 20th, Ub40 featuring Ali Campbell, Boomtown Rats, Go West, Abc and a shed load more artists, if anyone fancies this, I would advise getting in early, as the tickets are on a tier system, as in the earlier you buy the cheaper it is, just got mine now, 35 quid plus booking fees.

Looks tidy to be fair. Although I've seen quite a few of the acts listed. As it happens were up in The Utilita in Cardiff exactly a week ago today to see ABC, they played with a full orchestra, excellant it was too.👍

Looks tidy to be fair. Although I've seen quite a few of the acts listed. As it happens were up in The Utilita in Cardiff exactly a week ago today to see ABC, they played with a full orchestra, excellant it was too.👍
I quite like the concept of these retro concerts, looking at the total picture, they have other concerts in the summer, five more venues, and the other artists, extra to the Wales one, Sister sledge, Altered Images, Level 42, Toyah, China Crisis, Billy Ocean, Heaven 17, TPau, Thompson Twins, Squeeze, Bananaarama,, Human league and Dr and the Medics, I say extra to the Wales, the headline acts will be different.

I'm looking forward to it, don't go to many concerts, the only red flag for me is the time start, last concert I went was Madness down Singeleton last year, and after arriving about 6pm, all I can remember about it is, a lot of fez hats, and falling down into some trees, now this one starts at bloody 12.. :love::love::love:

Don’t forget the Swansea International Jazz Festival coming in June. Look out for some very different gigs this year. Book your tickets as soon as you can, they will be flying out.

I quite like the concept of these retro concerts, looking at the total picture, they have other concerts in the summer, five more venues, and the other artists, extra to the Wales one, Sister sledge, Altered Images, Level 42, Toyah, China Crisis, Billy Ocean, Heaven 17, TPau, Thompson Twins, Squeeze, Bananaarama,, Human league and Dr and the Medics, I say extra to the Wales, the headline acts will be different.

I'm looking forward to it, don't go to many concerts, the only red flag for me is the time start, last concert I went was Madness down Singeleton last year, and after arriving about 6pm, all I can remember about it is, a lot of fez hats, and falling down into some trees, now this one starts at bloody 12.. :love::love::love:
Love all the 80s stuff, very popular these days even with the younger crowd. Done Paul Young, The Christian's, Go West, Level 42, ABC, and a shed load more.
Pace yourself , try using a straw.😁👍

Love all the 80s stuff, very popular these days even with the younger crowd. Done Paul Young, The Christian's, Go West, Level 42, ABC, and a shed load more.
Pace yourself , try using a straw.😁👍
:) It won't happen again, I was a right mess.. Trying to leave the Madness gig, and I felt like a 16 year old first time drinking..

If truth be told, I crashed a few times into the trees leaving there..

In fact, I just remembered I was laying on the grass by the trees, and general members of the public were picking me up.

Water until 9 then I may partake in a few beverages..

I was right though, about the tiers, tier 1 has all sold out, onto tier 2 now.
use
EDIT: I suppose on the plus side, although the drinks are expensive down there, I can't accuse them of watering the beer down. :)

Last edited:
:) It won't happen again, I was a right mess.. Trying to leave the Madness gig, and I felt like a 16 year old first time drinking..

If truth be told, I crashed a few times into the trees leaving there..

In fact, I just remembered I was laying on the grass by the trees, and general members of the public were picking me up.

Water until 9 then I may partake in a few beverages..

I was right though, about the tiers, tier 1 has all sold out, onto tier 2 now.
'If truth be told, I crashed a few times into the trees leaving there..'
You must have slept like a log after all that😁👍

I did, walking down to the exit by Mumbles Road, was the longest walk I have had for years..

😁

Don’t forget the Swansea International Jazz Festival coming in June. Look out for some very different gigs this year. Book your tickets as soon as you can, they will be flying out.
Hi Mute, Sad news today, regarding Brian Breeze. Met him a few times, nice chap. I assume you knew him well through the jazz scene here abouts.

Hi Mute, Sad news today, regarding Brian Breeze. Met him a few times, nice chap. I assume you knew him well through the jazz scene here abouts.
I just saw it on the other thread. Really smashing guy. I knew he wasn’t well but still a shock.

Fair play those boys can play the guitar, I'm not sure which one passed away, but my sincere condolences. That was brilliant, I was always under the impression a jazz night would be different to that, just some saxophone playing slow music stuff,? But I liked that.

EDIT: After a google search, it was who i thought it was, Wow, what a musician..

Last edited:
Fair play those boys can play the guitar, I'm not sure which one passed away, but my sincere condolences. That was brilliant, I was always under the impression a jazz night would be different to that, just some saxophone playing slow music stuff,? But I liked that.

EDIT: After a google search, it was who i thought it was, Wow, what a musician..
The keyboard player and bass player are two of the three resident trio that keep the jazz club up to the highest standard of musicians around today.
Take a look at our upcoming gigs, they are not just sax based.
Brian, with the red guitar, was a regular contributor and will be sorely missed.

The keyboard player and bass player are two of the three resident trio that keep the jazz club up to the highest standard of musicians around today.
Take a look at our upcoming gigs, they are not just sax based.
Brian, with the red guitar, was a regular contributor and will be sorely missed.

Thank you Mute, and I will, I really enjoyed that YouTube vid, I always thought Jazz was like the old fast show sketch,,,But now seems a bit like soft rock to me? Would that be correct?

I wouldn’t describe the video as jazz to be honest, but at the club we have a wide variety of bands and artists, some of which are not jazz.
In the next couple of months we have a guitarist who has been on tour with the late, great Jeff Beck another who was the main guitarist and singer with the Average White Band as well as more conventional “jazz”.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back