• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Help from any Legal Eagles?

I have no idea how it works in Croydon, but if it was in Swansea and someone was struggling to get a human being on the phone, I'd suggest a trip to the Civic Centre and speaking to someone at the contact centre there. They seem to actually be pretty helpful according to others.

Jack2jack said:
Legoman, I haven't forgotten, just my contact wasn't in today, will get back to you asap.👍

No worries, appreciate your help so far!

JackSomething said:
I have no idea how it works in Croydon, but if it was in Swansea and someone was struggling to get a human being on the phone, I'd suggest a trip to the Civic Centre and speaking to someone at the contact centre there. They seem to actually be pretty helpful according to others.

I've not got that far yet, but Croydon council don't even put a correspondence address on their letters. If you ring the number they provide you press umpteen buttons only to be told you can get the answer to your question on the website. Absolute joke.

legoman said:
I've not got that far yet, but Croydon council don't even put a correspondence address on their letters. If you ring the number they provide you press umpteen buttons only to be told you can get the answer to your question on the website. Absolute joke.
1.5 stars on google review, seem like a right shower of 💩

Legoman,
Just had a lengthy chat with my colleague.
They have advised that you ask for a full investigation into this case. Best practise would be to email them and copy in as may people as you can. i.e. corporate complaints, The Head of Service; who would be in charge of the car parks section. The Leader of the council, together with your local MP or councillor. This will not get ignored.
You also need to ask them why the charge is so much, as it sounds like its gone to a charge certificate level, you need to ask them what the initial charge was, and what the charges are as the case has progressed.
The onus is on the Council to prove that their system was followed to the letter. As i said it is NOT for you to prove you didn't receive the initial fine, as THEY are fining you.
Within the email or letter you need to provide all dates you were away, photos of the subsequent reminders etc, that you have received from them and attach to the email. I would also ask for a copy of the initial fine, together with the date it was sent out.(Not withstanding the postal strikes, that is irrelevant). If they have followed their procedures to the letter, which they have to, then they should be able to give you chapter and verse. Like I said as a Council they cannot call you a liar for non receipt of initial fine, the onus is on them.
Anyway good luck. Cheers.

Jack2jack said:
Legoman,
Just had a lengthy chat with my colleague.
They have advised that you ask for a full investigation into this case. Best practise would be to email them and copy in as may people as you can. i.e. corporate complaints, The Head of Service; who would be in charge of the car parks section. The Leader of the council, together with your local MP or councillor. This will not get ignored.
You also need to ask them why the charge is so much, as it sounds like its gone to a charge certificate level, you need to ask them what the initial charge was, and what the charges are as the case has progressed.
The onus is on the Council to prove that their system was followed to the letter. As i said it is NOT for you to prove you didn't receive the initial fine, as THEY are fining you.
Within the email or letter you need to provide all dates you were away, photos of the subsequent reminders etc, that you have received from them and attach to the email. I would also ask for a copy of the initial fine, together with the date it was sent out.(Not withstanding the postal strikes, that is irrelevant). If they have followed their procedures to the letter, which they have to, then they should be able to give you chapter and verse. Like I said as a Council they cannot call you a liar for non receipt of initial fine, the onus is on them.
Anyway good luck. Cheers.

Terrific response and thank you so much for your input. I will let you know how I get on!

legoman said:
Terrific response and thank you so much for your input. I will let you know how I get on!
Absolutely no problem at all, hope it works out, will be interesting to see what their response will be.
Illegitimi non carborundum ;)
ATB

legoman said:

That sounds like an absolutely rubbish service from your council. Well done to J2J for getting you that info, give em hell Legoman!

Jack2jack said:
Absolutely no problem at all, hope it works out, will be interesting to see what their response will be.
ATB

Is that latin and tamil in one phrase :)

Jack2jack said:
ATB

**UPDATE**

J2J

I went to check my credit card statement this morning. I had fired off another email to the council just before your last response, basically following what you had suggested.

Imagine my surprise to see a refund of the original £130 fine. I've had no comms from them, no explanation. I wasn't disputing the original £130 fine just the 50% add on for late payment on the basis I never got the original PCN.

Seems like Santa has come early!

legoman said:
**UPDATE**

J2J

I went to check my credit card statement this morning. I had fired off another email to the council just before your last response, basically following what you had suggested.

Imagine my surprise to see a refund of the original £130 fine. I've had no comms from them, no explanation. I wasn't disputing the original £130 fine just the 50% add on for late payment on the basis I never got the original PCN.

Seems like Santa has come early!
Nice one, worth a little bit of effort. Seems to me like they know the system has failed. Will be interesting to see if there is an explanation forthcoming. Happy days. Any sign of the other 65 notes? ;)

Jack2jack said:
Nice one, worth a little bit of effort. Seems to me like they know the system has failed. Will be interesting to see if there is an explanation forthcoming. Happy days. Any sign of the other 65 notes? ;)

Not yet but I'm not fussed. They had me bang to rights in fairness!

legoman said:
Not yet but I'm not fussed. They had me bang to rights in fairness!
In my mind they can't refund one without the other, as the 65 notes is a surcharge on the original fine. Glad you've got some back anyway. i'd say watch this space. Have a good one. ATB. :)

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back