• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Hibernian return for Mykola as last summer continues to unwind

Good grief.... I see Derby and Hibs benefitting from our limited transfer budget ...🎅

He wasn’t played regularly by either Duff, Sheehan or Williams which tells you everything you need to know, on the few occasions i saw him he didn’t seem capable of playing either in this system or at the Championship level.

If he is not going to play then get him off the wages to get someone else in. Last summer part from those highlighted above seems to have cost us money we can’t afford to lose.

He wasn’t played regularly by either Duff, Sheehan or Williams which tells you everything you need to know
Yep. One of them might have been wrong; two, there's still a chance they might have both been wrong; but all three reaching the same verdict, no chance they're all wrong. He's a dud.

Great if we can offload him.

He could well be a dud, but I'd go easy on relying on the opinions of previous coaches for the simple reason that none of them really based that verdict on a rather salient data point:

"Playing football for Swansea City."

As has been pointed out by others, letting 'training kings' and teacher's pets dictate the team leads to Jay Fulton being welded into the midfield for months on end. Myk may be shit, but we never got to find out one way or another in any sense that matters.

His attitude being awful is the only thing that makes sense to me. But I hope if that's true it was genuinely shocking and not just a case of him not being a teachers pet. A lot of great players would not have made this Swansea team if we only played the boy scouts.

He could well be a dud, but I'd go easy on relying on the opinions of previous coaches for the simple reason that none of them really based that verdict on a rather salient data point:

As has been pointed out by others, letting 'training kings' and teacher's pets dictate the team leads to Jay Fulton being welded into the midfield for months on end. Myk may be shit, but we never got to find out one way or another in any sense that matters.

His attitude being awful is the only thing that makes sense to me. But I hope if that's true it was genuinely shocking and not just a case of him not being a teachers pet. A lot of great players would not have made this Swansea team if we only played the boy scouts.
He's played for the reserves, if there was anything in him, the lad would have played in the first team.

It's ok having a bad attitude if you have the skillset for people to turn a blind eye to the so called attitude.

He's not played because he's crap.

He's Ukrainian isn't he? I wonder how affected he is by the situation there and if that had affected him on the pitch?

I have no doubt he is a better player than i will ever be but I regularly watch the U21 side play and he has played on at least one occasion where he, Wood and Pederson played possibly against QPR at home, he looked no better than the regular U21 players and nowhere near the first team.

Just my opinion and he might prove me wrong, maybe he needs to play a different system but he looked well off the skill level required for the Championship.

Sheehan was at that game and watched him closely, he hasn’t played 1st team since.

That’s a very good point - and which should be tempered by the fact that Duff might have felt a twinge of pressure to play the big buy Jerry Yates who didn’t fit this style of play either. With Yates the feeling might have been “he has to come good some time” but never really did.
If Mykola was upset about not getting a look in when the main man was struggling then that’s understandable and it takes an excellent man manager to try to keep an unhappy player inside.
I think he definitely deserved a run of games, especially when out wingers were upgraded. Guess we’ll never know now.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back