• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jason Lee aka Pineapple Head

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Did anyone see this chap on the Welsh news earlier?
If so what’s your take on his Jason Lee comment?
Personally I thought it was complete bollox.

https://amp.theguardian.com/books/2021/mar/25/welsh-teacher-wins-uk-poetry-prize-with-poem-on-dual-heritage?__twitter_impression=true

Fireboy said:
Darran said:
I think we all need to care. We are going down a dodgy road in this country.
Did you ever sing it?

Why? And no.

Well people that sung it were abusing him according to the chap on the Welsh news earlier.
They need to apologise for their historical abuse though I can understand you not singing it you didn’t support us back then.

Dar, I picture a world where if you want a laugh you have to go underground to meet like minded folk.

dickythorpe said:
Dar, I picture a world where if you want a laugh you have to go underground to meet like minded folk.

we"ll have our own little shelter outside a pub......if they will still exist.

Jason Lee was offended by the pineapple thing and reckoned it affected his game at the time. It was twenty years ago and no one else was offended besides him. These days it could be seen as bullying or racism but at the time it most definitely wasn’t. The real reason Jason Lee copped it was because he was playing for a crap Forest side on the decline and he couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo, he happened to have dreads so Baddiel and Skinner turned it in to a childish joke, no insinuation of racism whatsoever, at the time. That said, lessons have rightly been learned.

Itchysphincter said:
Jason Lee was offended by the pineapple thing and reckoned it affected his game at the time. It was twenty years ago and no one else was offended besides him. These days it could be seen as bullying or racism but at the time it most definitely wasn’t. The real reason Jason Lee copped it was because he was playing for a crap Forest side on the decline and he couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo, he happened to have dreads so Baddiel and Skinner turned it in to a childish joke, no insinuation of racism whatsoever, at the time. That said, lessons have rightly been learned.

And every single white player with long hair gets abused and called a gypo these days.
Sickening stuff.

Jonathan "Jiffy" Davies said a few weeks back that people need to toughen up a bit.
Yes, abuse is wrong , but sometimes you just need to show you are made of thick skin and you'll realise you can get on with life and don't give the trolls a reaction.

Darran said:
Itchysphincter said:

And every single white player with long hair gets abused and called a gypo these days.
Sickening stuff.

BoIIocks.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back