• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Julian Winter gets lucky...

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Blags himself another gig :eek:

Julian Winter: Blackpool appoint ex-Swansea City chief executive as new CEO - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66271452

Hi,

Blackpool fan here. I'm interested in what you lot don't like about this lad. Obviously we've had our fair share of boardroom shite (to put it mildly) over the years (as have you) so I'm wondering what it is that has created the negative reactions to him.

I've seen lots of posts on twitter and the couple above that don't really sound very encouraging but I've also read a post from your supporters trust that seemed to suggest he wasn't the issue. I appreciate the fanbase and the supporters trust might not be in sync...

Fwiw, we've just bid goodbye to a CEO after about 3 years with no one shedding too many tears after last season where we were shocking. I think the problem is, no one can be totally certain whether he was the problem or not - whether it was the structure he worked within as dictated by the owner or whether he was calling the shots. It's all by the bye now - but is that a similar situation?

So basically, would anyone be kind enough to give us a bit more detail on him and his time with you?

Finally, look after Jerry. He's a diamond. Give him time. Took him a few games for us, probably because he tried too hard.

All the best for new season.

Utp!

Most people have no idea what he actually did day to day and where his decision-making power lay. Which in itself is maybe cause for complaint, but apart from being uncomfortable in front of a camera there wasn't a lot glaringly wrong with his work. The majority owners catch most of the blame for everything wrong in the Swansea City world, Winter is then perceived as useless for not fixing it all, or I guess jumping on some grenades (as Huw Jenkins did back when Dan James was to be sold/loaned on the cheap).

The previous CEO Trevor Birch bought everyone a pint so has gone down as a legend for the amazing work he did. Tough act to follow.

jasper_T said:
Most people have no idea what he actually did day to day and where his decision-making power lay. Which in itself is maybe cause for complaint, but apart from being uncomfortable in front of a camera there wasn't a lot glaringly wrong with his work. The majority owners catch most of the blame for everything wrong in the Swansea City world, Winter is then perceived as useless for not fixing it all, or I guess jumping on some grenades (as Huw Jenkins did back when Dan James was to be sold/loaned on the cheap).

The previous CEO Trevor Birch bought everyone a pint so has gone down as a legend for the amazing work he did. Tough act to follow.

That's the thing though, most of, if not all of us had not a clue what he did, as CEO's go he was about as anonymous as it gets.
Maybe the bright lights of Blackpool will bring him out of his shell?
Big shout out for the Tower Ballrooms btw 👌

Cheers for the replies. To be honest our last CEO had a habit of promising things that were the opposite of what then happened so I can maybe see why they've gone for a less visible presence.

We'll see!

td53 said:
Cheers for the replies. To be honest our last CEO had a habit of promising things that were the opposite of what then happened so I can maybe see why they've gone for a less visible presence.

We'll see!
If it's less visible you after Winter is certainly your man, as explained above the vast majority knew nothing about what he did here . You wouldn't notice him in a phone box.

jasper_T said:

Very well put.

He was pretty much the filling in a shit sandwich between board and supporters.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back