• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Lisa Marie Presley RIP ...

Awfully sad, her son took his own life 2 yr ago, and she'd been in a hell of a state since. Cardiac arrest? Broken heart more like.

Irrelevant story if you’re bored…….

Back on 1993 I was in Connecticut with some friends. On the spur of the moment we decided to hire a people carrier and drive to Memphis to visit Gracelands.
So we hired a Chrysler Grand Voyager which had only 600 miles on the clock and set off on our 2,500 mile round trip. Swapping the driving between the 7 of us, we drove continuously through the night.
When we got to Memphis there seemed to be a lot of press and security there. It turned out that at midnight that very day they were releasing an Elvis Stamp at midnight to commemorate Elvis’s birthday.
So we went back to Graceland that night and managed to sneak into a huge marquee where the stamp unavailing took place on a sage by the US post with Pricilla and Lisa Maria Presley
I bought a few sheets of the stamps and stamped them first day editions with the Memphis post mark. Sent a few commemorative post cards to myself in the UK with those stamps on.
4 days after we hired the car we gave it back. With now over 3,000 mile on the clock. They weren’t happy :D

How much are those stamps worth now? Feck knows and I don’t want to as they were lost about 20 years ago during a house move.

Libertarian said:
Irrelevant story if you’re bored…….

Back on 1993 I was in Connecticut with some friends. On the spur of the moment we decided to hire a people carrier and drive to Memphis to visit Gracelands.
So we hired a Chrysler Grand Voyager which had only 600 miles on the clock and set off on our 2,500 mile round trip. Swapping the driving between the 7 of us, we drove continuously through the night.
When we got to Memphis there seemed to be a lot of press and security there. It turned out that at midnight that very day they were releasing an Elvis Stamp at midnight to commemorate Elvis’s birthday.
So we went back to Graceland that night and managed to sneak into a huge marquee where the stamp unavailing took place on a sage by the US post with Pricilla and Lisa Maria Presley
I bought a few sheets of the stamps and stamped them first day editions with the Memphis post mark. Sent a few commemorative post cards to myself in the UK with those stamps on.
4 days after we hired the car we gave it back. With now over 3,000 mile on the clock. They weren’t happy :D

How much are those stamps worth now? Feck knows and I don’t want to as they were lost about 20 years ago during a house move.

Great story. 🤘🏻

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back