• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Loan watch

Ringwood Jack

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Who you do think we will keep from this season going into next and where do we need to Strengthen ?

Of the senior players , who is likely to stay or go ?

Ringwood Jack said:
Who you do think we will keep from this season going into next and where do we need to Strengthen ?

Of the senior players , who is likely to stay or go ?

Whether we like the thought or not we simply have to see Ayew leave this summer, the club cannot afford to sustain his wages. The Sky narrative over the past two games has been "he wanted to stay under Cooper" is a slight re-write of history where he stayed because we couldn't get rid of him. I'm completely glad he did stay as we would have never made the play offs without his contribution but we cannot afford the £3.5m wage to keep him (IMO)

I would love to see Brewster and Gallagher back (I think Guehi is already here?) because having those three as the spine of the team would be hugely impactful for us. We need a new keeper if Woodman isn't returning although I agree with the calls to give Benda a chance.

Yeah completely agree.

Would be amazed if Brewster and Gallagher were here next season though unfortunately.

Critical to keep Brewster, although I think it's less than 50/50 for me of getting him back.
Guehi I think is already confirmed for next season, isn't he?
Gallagher can go back for me. Not a 10 where Cooper has been playing him. Plenty of energy & enthusiasm but no real skill & especially last night, his touch was shocking.
I'd try for Wilmott again, especially of VDH & Rodon go.

Agree with you there Phil particularly about Ayew. I'm sure we will find it difficult to replace him on our budget but hopefully he has done enough this season to get other clubs interested.

Keeping Gallagher and Brewster would be a huge plus but can't see it happening personally.

We have expressed an interest in James Garner (not Rockford or Maverick for the oldies on here) which would be a good move imo as would holding on to Woodman.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-james-garner-transfer-18681795

If you believe what you read online then our scouting team has been particularly active during lockdown.

A Rodon move would help with finances, but we shall see.

Risc said:
Yeah completely agree.

Would be amazed if Brewster and Gallagher were here next season though unfortunately.

I think we have more of a chance with Gallagher, for Brewster I think he will go out on loan to a PL side, that feels the most natural step for him?

Expect Brewster to go

Hopefully Liverpool might lend us another youngster

Billy Gilmour looks a real good player when playing for Chelsea, and maybe we'd have a chance of getting Ampadu this time?

Brewster will go to a lower end Premier League team, unless he does a Tammy Abraham and has a full season in the Championship then go back to Liverpool.

There are numerous players from England's U17 World Cup squad that are playing regularly for Premier League U23 sides.

I expect we'll see a number of them join us on loan in the Summer. Brewster's excellent form here will have done wonders for our negotiating position.

Let's hope they are good enough to help us avoid relegation.

DwightYorkeSuperstar said:
There are numerous players from England's U17 World Cup squad that are playing regularly for Premier League U23 sides.

I expect we'll see a number of them join us on loan in the Summer. Brewster's excellent form here will have done wonders for our negotiating position.

Let's hope they are good enough to help us avoid relegation.

Maybe good enough to get us promoted ....................TWAT!

Isaac Christie Davies.... Keep an eye out on that name over the next few weeks.

22yr old midfielder just released by Liverpool.

PSumbler said:
Risc said:
Yeah completely agree.

I think we have more of a chance with Gallagher, for Brewster I think he will go out on loan to a PL side, that feels the most natural step for him?

I read a while ago about Klopp happy with Brewster's progress here but he isn't going to get into that Liverpool team anytime soon.

I just hope the rumoured Sheff Utd interest isn't true and he gets an extended loan here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-liverpool-rhian-brewster-klopp-18688820

PSumbler said:
Risc said:
Yeah completely agree.

Looks like it’s the other way round if media snippets from yesterday are anything to go by. I thought same as you though.

I don't think we will hang on to Gallagher and Brewster. If I was the parent club I may be tempted to loan them into an EPL team. They are both good enough already. Young players would love to play with Ayew, he is an important part of the club's success. I see us bringing in three new loan players, who we get will be a bit of a lottery. We are running thin on the strikers, we need two. I would also switch Ayew to No.10 which is his best position.

Interest in Gallagher from Bundesliga
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/intriguing-update-emerges-involving-conor-gallagher-and-swansea-city/
After Ampadu's lost season they may think Germany doesn't offer mny prospects of development. Either way I'm not convinced by Gallagher ... or maybe its Gallagher / Cooper that is the problem.
Would take Ethan Ampadu though.

Brewster doesn't sound like he'll be back ... not surprised. A far better prospect than Tammy who is a Chelsea regular.
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/ill-keep-swansea-city-my-heart-vows-rhian-brewster

Mulder gone and Benda on Bilic's radar - we could be having to buy in / loan goalkeepers.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back