• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Luke Williams ahead of West Brom | Press Conference

Just watched it.
He doesn't look happy at all, all the way through it you could tell that he is not a happy chappy with a few little sharp responses to the media.

Just watched it.
He doesn't look happy at all, all the way through it you could tell that he is not a happy chappy with a few little sharp responses to the media.
well i agree not happy at all but who would be happy after the performance last evening,?
Not expecting but hoping for more in does not sound as if things are going to happen does it?

well i agree not happy at all but who would be happy after the performance last evening,?
Not expecting but hoping for more in does not sound as if things are going to happen does it?
Not happy after last night for sure.

Think there will be 2 in.....both attacking players and I think they will be loans.
Interesting that Josh Thomas is going out on loan to Bromley though 🤔

Think there will be 2 in.....both attacking players and I think they will be loans.
hope you are correct, you got any "inside" info then?

Am wondering that the pressser, reminded me of the Potter time when he nearly walked and sent his number 2 am hoping he is not under the same problem, think he wanted Providance who has gone elsewhere, just a thought of course

"We dominated the derby" :ROFLMAO:

It's exactly like listening to Martin's interviews, he thinks the fans are stupid

The first 40 mins in this first half were as dominant a performance against Cardiff as you'll ever see, we completely controlled the game and they hardly saw the ball.

The second half was probably 60/40 in Cardiff's favour, and most of that was the last 10-15 mins after they equalised.

I don't think it's unreasonable for him to say we were dominant. At worst we had them where we wanted for 65+ mins of that match.

There seems to be a clamour amongst the borderline-psychotic anti-Martin minority within our fanbase to lump him into the same boat simply by association - knew it wouldn't be long once he hit a rough patch.

The first 40 mins in this first half were as dominant a performance against Cardiff as you'll ever see, we completely controlled the game and they hardly saw the ball.

The second half was probably 60/40 in Cardiff's favour, and most of that was the last 10-15 mins after they equalised.

I don't think it's unreasonable for him to say we were dominant. At worst we had them where we wanted for 65+ mins of that match.

There seems to be a clamour amongst the borderline-psychotic anti-Martin minority within our fanbase to lump him into the same boat simply by association - knew it wouldn't be long once he hit a rough patch.
It's extremely selective to say we dominated that game though, both teams had one good half and one bad. I disagree with your breakdown of Sunday's game, I thought we were as bad in the second half as Cardiff were in the first. Once their manager tweaked their system and started making changes, Williams didn't know how to react.

The fact he's worked with Martin before has nothing to do with it, the comparison comes because his team plays exactly the same boring possession style and he uses buzz words in interviews to try to sound clever

I thought we held them at arms length well enough until they threw their meat on the barbecue, and then we couldn't handle them. Where I'm puzzled though is conflating control of possession with control of the game. Seems to be accepted wisdom since possession stats became a thing. I don't think it's particularly valid. Cardiff mostly let us have the ball and stayed compact in their own half while we created next to nothing beyond the goal. They clearly always planned to stay in the game and change it up in the last 20. You could easily argue they dominated us by not having the ball because we couldn't get past them. Mourinhoesque, if you like.

I have a downer on Lukey boy at the moment as I'm sick and tired of watching turgid Grimes driven garbage, so I admit a certain bias, but I think 'dominated the derby' is a stretch.

I thought we held them at arms length well enough until they threw their meat on the barbecue, and then we couldn't handle them. Where I'm puzzled though is conflating control of possession with control of the game. Seems to be accepted wisdom since possession stats became a thing. I don't think it's particularly valid. Cardiff mostly let us have the ball and stayed compact in their own half while we created next to nothing beyond the goal. They clearly always planned to stay in the game and change it up in the last 20. You could easily argue they dominated us by not having the ball because we couldn't get past them. Mourinhoesque, if you like.

I have a downer on Lukey boy at the moment as I'm sick and tired of watching turgid Grimes driven garbage, so I admit a certain bias, but I think 'dominated the derby' is a stretch.
That's fair enough, many people don't see possession as evidence of "control", they would classify shots on goal/attacking threat as such. I'm more of the school of thought that if you don't let the other team have the ball for most of the game, you're the ones in "control". It depends how you look at it I suppose.

(I will happily concede that our particular problem is that we don't translate good ball retention into something that hurts teams often enough).

Looked like a broken man on that clip...interesting to know who he was talking about ref lack of effort and attitude

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back