• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Luke Williams on Sheffield United | Reaction

Having slept on the performance, I'm a bit more sanguine.
Last season we were hammered by the top four or five clubs home and away. Last night we gave a good account of ourselves and could have taken a point but for some really bad luck.
Yes, we are still ineffective in the final third, but on a more positive note, the defence is much more solid than last season, the midfield is better with the addition of Franco, our keeper is a gem and we have three tricky wingers who on their day can be a handful.
It's no good moaning about our lack of fire power, we've got what we've got and those boys are going to have to step up, or Williams is going to have to give opportunities to our youngsters coming through.
All in all, I'm not worried about a relegation fight, we've got enough in the tank to end up mid table.

Having slept on the performance, I'm a bit more sanguine.
Last season we were hammered by the top four or five clubs home and away. Last night we gave a good account of ourselves and could have taken a point but for some really bad luck.
Yes, we are still ineffective in the final third, but on a more positive note, the defence is much more solid than last season, the midfield is better with the addition of Franco, our keeper is a gem and we have three tricky wingers who on their day can be a handful.
It's no good moaning about our lack of fire power, we've got what we've got and those boys are going to have to step up, or Williams is going to have to give opportunities to our youngsters coming through.
All in all, I'm not worried about a relegation fight, we've got enough in the tank to end up mid table.

Agree. I said we'd be about 16th and I'm sticking with that based on what I've seen so far.

Probably not a popular view but I think Williams is more or less squeezing all he can out of this lot. It's a squad low on quantity and quality. I always ask the question "would the big clubs in this division choose to nick any of our players?" and apart from Vigoroux, the answer has to be no. That tells you all you need to know.

Agree. I said we'd be about 16th and I'm sticking with that based on what I've seen so far.

Probably not a popular view but I think Williams is more or less squeezing all he can out of this lot. It's a squad low on quantity and quality. I always ask the question "would the big clubs in this division choose to nick any of our players?" and apart from Vigoroux, the answer has to be no. That tells you all you need to know.
I'm basing it on a similar approach as you. We have a thin squad, young players brought in from abroad who are untested and will need to adapt.
We are sitting in 12th spot as it stands so I am comfortable with that at present.

Journo doesn't ask about where goals are coming from

LW not sharing how he remedies it

Good old censored interview

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members