• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin points to play offs - he has far bigger problems to address

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
https://planetswans.co.uk/2023/02/16/martin-points-to-play-offs-but-he-has-far-bigger-problems/

Jeez so 1 win and we are back in the playoff hunt.
Personally I'm more relieved with a win than chuffed.
We had the youngest team playing.
They were bottom. 10 players out and a man sent off and we just got over the line.
I haven't read Mick McCarthy's view.
Sorry can't help the negativity.

"We were the youngest team in the Championship again tonight"

"six of the 10 youngest line-ups in the Championship this season have been Swansea City teams"

"you will have tough moments in the Championship and we have a lot of young players."

"You have seen tonight, we are the youngest team in the Championship"

"We are five points off the play-offs with the youngest team in the league."

" pull together and get behind the group of young players"

Yes I think we all get it, we're a young team.

But

" we have young men who are developing and growing all the time"

Is that true?

We are making the same mistakes, and lack the will to win the ball not just games.

It isn't all about youth.

We need to completely forget about play offs .
There are clearly now three teams standing out and they will be the ones to go up.
We need to think about the immediate future or at least the Owners do and act accordingly.

Play offs? What a sick joke. We are heading for the other end of the table and I predict we will finish one or two places above relegation, with a little luck. What happens next season doesn't bear thinking about.

Just to add to the comment about young players

Cabango has played 130 games for the Swans

Darling 170 games admittedly at a lower level

He loves his stats.
Most possession and now youngest team.
Who checks this out as factual? Is that why he won't start Joe? He's too old and It might affect him being top of the leagues youngest team.

CurtessECarr said:
He loves his stats.
Most possession and now youngest team.
Who checks this out as factual? Is that why he won't start Joe? He's too old and It might affect him being top of the leagues youngest team.

Wonder what the stats are on conversion of possession into goals

The penny should dropping very soon that Cabango, Wood and Darling are simply not good enough to play possession football from the back with any degree of confidence and also crumble under any sort of pressure and continually ball watch and don't track the opposition . Maybe its down to RM to coach them or play to other strengths like play 4 at the back and play the longer ball. We have a shocking defence, the midfield has the ability if we play on the front foot more and probably 2 strikers light. mid table finish beckons probably 56 points

CurtessECarr said:
That's one of many he won't quote I guess.

No team comes close as regards missing chances
No team I’d more shot shy
They look frightened to shoot
Grimes a perfect paradigm for it all

Just shows how dilluded this guy is. I'll be surprised if we win more than 1 or 2 games till end of the season.

sainthelens said:
Just shows how dilluded this guy is. I'll be surprised if we win more than 1 or 2 games till end of the season.

Might be a few more if we can play against 10 men every week. But only beaten Watford 11 vs 11 in our last 18 competitive games. 15 left to play...

jacabertawe said:
I am sick of screaming "shoot FFS!!".

You can shout until you shatter your larynx as it makes no difference . It’s as if they are told NOT to shoot from more than 18 yards

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back