• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Mike VDH

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Not the sort of comments of a player that sounds like they’re keen on staying whatever the outcome...

Swansea City defender Mike van der Hoorn has revealed that he was not expecting his side to be in the fight to be promoted to the Premier League at the end of the season.

The Dutch centre-back told Dutch daily the Algemeen Dagblad: “Now when it comes down to it, we are still in it due to a nice revival.

“I had hoped for it, of course, but to be honest, I was not counting on it.”

The Dutchman, who is out of contract at the end of the campaign, is clear that the mid-season break due to the current situation came as a boost for him as he was not expecting to play again this season due to a knee injury.

He feels it has given him a great opportunity to show his talent again before he takes a decision on his future.

“When I was just back in the gym after the knee injury, the season was suspended.

“I would not have played if not for the corona period and at the end of the season, my contract expires.

“Now, I can put myself back in the spotlight. This is great, for me, and Swansea.”

Don't give a toss what he does as long as he tries his best to get us up.

It's ill timed and unnecessary though isn't it. Sort of reminded me of Doris in some ways - don't burn bridges, loose lips etc. eh Mikey.

Don’t think he’s been very good anyway.

Looked much better when he finally got his chance in the Premier League with a experienced centre half beside him. In the championship he became the senior when Joe came in and he hasn’t been up to it.

He's one of few players in our squad who wouldn't need replacing should we achieve promotion. Similar to Ayew, one can only assume he is still on a comfortable wage here, else he would have pushed much harder for a transfer.

DwightYorkeSuperstar said:
He's one of few players in our squad who wouldn't need replacing should we achieve promotion. Similar to Ayew, one can only assume he is still on a comfortable wage here, else he would have pushed much harder for a transfer.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz’s

Don't think he intended to stay if the one year option wasn't activated. Then lost captaincy to Grimes. However I still think he gives his best when playing.

I hope he leaves if we go up ! clearly not here for the football in the least

DwightYorkeSuperstar said:

"He's one of few players in our squad who wouldn't need replacing"
You are so utterly clueless on football matters - I just said on the match day thread - he was about much use as a flagpole for that second goal. he's Div 2 standard at the very best.

Magic_Michu said:
Not the sort of comments of a player that sounds like they’re keen on staying whatever the outcome...

Swansea City defender Mike van der Hoorn has revealed that he was not expecting his side to be in the fight to be promoted to the Premier League at the end of the season.

The Dutch centre-back told Dutch daily the Algemeen Dagblad: “Now when it comes down to it, we are still in it due to a nice revival.

“I had hoped for it, of course, but to be honest, I was not counting on it.”

The Dutchman, who is out of contract at the end of the campaign, is clear that the mid-season break due to the current situation came as a boost for him as he was not expecting to play again this season due to a knee injury.

He feels it has given him a great opportunity to show his talent again before he takes a decision on his future.

“When I was just back in the gym after the knee injury, the season was suspended.

“I would not have played if not for the corona period and at the end of the season, my contract expires.

“Now, I can put myself back in the spotlight. This is great, for me, and Swansea.”

And fans thats why Grimes is captain.

He was completely useless tonight. Glad to see him off at half time, at fault for the first two goals. Absolutely nowhere near premier league standard. I assume he'll be back to the eredivisie.

Just a shame we didnt still have Rodon and Wilmot available. Both Mike and Cabs are injured was always going to show up against Brentford when put under pressure. We were one goal away from making Brentford sweat big thanks to VDH for getting us there.

VDH has been gone in his head all season.
Hasn't really looked up to it when he's played.
A fit & motivated VDH is an asset - one we haven't had for a long time.

Did Brentford make him an offer yesterday afternoon?

He certainly put in a shift for them.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back