• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Moderators

Yeah I remember now why I gave up modding all those years ago. :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
And for the record, Lisa lodged no complaint.

The only thing that's surprised me in this thread is that you went out on a Saturday night :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
Yeah I remember now why I gave up modding all those years ago. :lol:

Gave up? I always thought you and the team were sacked. 😲

Uxy said:
exiledclaseboy said:
And for the record, Lisa lodged no complaint.

The only thing that's surprised me in this thread is that you went out on a Saturday night :lol:

Only as far as my sister’s. I’m not reckless.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Itchysphincter said:
Can’t wait for the thread to get unlocked, and if you’re making a sarnie Lis, stick the kettle on too, eh? .. there’s a love.

Kettle? I live in London itch, I have a boiling tap 🤣🤣🤣

Blimey, your husband must earn a fortune! **

** enough now, I can’t keep this up.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Itchysphincter said:
Can’t wait for the thread to get unlocked, and if you’re making a sarnie Lis, stick the kettle on too, eh? .. there’s a love.

A boiling tap how posh is that, which one have you got the ZIp Hydro chilled and boiling water unit or Quooker etc?

Niigata Jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

A boiling tap how posh is that, which one have you got the ZIp Hydro chilled and boiling water unit or Quooker etc?

Some sort of Franke 4 in 1 that does boiling and filtered water. To be honest, I had it as part of the kitchen when that was done last year and I don’t think it was more expensive than having a normal tap, or only a few quid more.
It’s good actually - obviously for a cup of coffee or tea, but actually more for stuff like filling a pan for pasta or stock etc. We have such hard water here that using a kettle to do it used to mean a mouthful of limescale half the time. And it’s cheaper than a kettle by quite some way in terms of energy use.

Worth having if you’re having your kitchen done. Probably expensive to retrofit if you’re not.

Interesting turn this thread has taken (Only planet Swans😂)
I have family in Nottinghamshire and the water there is so different!
I'd be interested in my brother in law installing one of those taps.

What would be a ball park figure?

Niigata Jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Oh Max, I love it when you get all "boffin-like"😀

dickythorpe said:
Interesting turn this thread has taken (Only planet Swans😂)
I have family in Nottinghamshire and the water there is so different!
I'd be interested in my brother in law installing one of those taps.

What would be a ball park figure?

I think on their own they’re anything from about £280 up to well over a thousand depending on brand. The one I have on its own is about £500 I think, but of course you don’t pay that when you get it as part of a kitchen because they do deals.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Niigata Jack said:

Some sort of Franke 4 in 1 that does boiling and filtered water. To be honest, I had it as part of the kitchen when that was done last year and I don’t think it was more expensive than having a normal tap, or only a few quid more.
It’s good actually - obviously for a cup of coffee or tea, but actually more for stuff like filling a pan for pasta or stock etc. We have such hard water here that using a kettle to do it used to mean a mouthful of limescale half the time. And it’s cheaper than a kettle by quite some way in terms of energy use.

Worth having if you’re having your kitchen done. Probably expensive to retrofit if you’re not.

Nice and very handy, been thinking of fitting one here, won't be an issue to fit one to be honest.

dickythorpe said:
Niigata Jack said:

Oh Max, I love it when you get all "boffin-like"😀

I've fitted both in the past to be honest Dicky, they're a good idea.

Niigata Jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Nice and very handy, been thinking of fitting one here, won't be an issue to fit one to be honest.

If it’s ok to fit one, I’d get one. Need to make sure you’ve enough room for the tank in one of your cupboards under the sink, but apart from that if you are able to do taps yourself or have a mate who can it’s fine. It would have been expensive for me as I would have needed to get a plumber in which would have cost more than the tap!

Edit - just seen your post about doing them before, so you obviously can ignore my advice as you’ll know a hell of a lot more than I do!! From a user’s point of view they’re good.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back