• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Mumbai Restaurant

Muteswan

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Mumbai restaurant in Blackpill is re opening Friday 11th November.
Used to be very good, hope it gets back to its previous standard quickly.
Will you be going back Darran?
Edit I can’t read properly. 🙄 It’s Friday not Thursday.

Darran said:
I might do but I don’t think they’re doing the Sunday buffet it used to be the greatest buffet in the world.

Its was nice enough, but the greatest :shock:

Darran said:
Oh the buffet there was special.

Nah, went there the once for buffet but never bothered again, did go there 2/3 times for a meal, no complaints.

Over Tanygroes Bakery today then, fancied a chump on a Tanygroes pasty did you tub's :lol:

I once attempted to go there one Sunday afternoon, fully booked, so it must be alright then

I went there a few times and it was good but, is it me or are the dishes different? They never seem to be spiced the same to me and that goes for them all.

I don't think it's just you. Their danschak always tasted....weird to me.

KrunchyKarrot said:
I went there a few times and it was good but, is it me or are the dishes different? They never seem to be spiced the same to me and that goes for them all.

I was talking about something like this somewhere else last week.
You seem to be getting the word ‘innovative’ thrown into the title of a lot of Indian restaurants these days where they try to outdo each other by thinking more about presentation than the meal itself where they literally sprinkle your food with like edible glitter so it looks great.
I don’t want that crap I just want a good old traditional Indian if that makes sense.

Squarebear said:
I don't think it's just you. Their danschak always tasted....weird to me.

If it's spelt like that on the menu, no wonder! :D

Darran said:
You seem to be getting the word ‘innovative’ thrown into the title of a lot of Indian restaurants these days where they try to outdo each other by thinking more about presentation than the meal itself where they literally sprinkle your food with like edible glitter so it looks great.
I don’t want that crap I just want a good old traditional Indian if that makes sense.

Yeh know what you mean, have you tried the Bombay spice on Station Rd fantastic and consistent the Dhansak and Chemeli there and garlic chilli chicken are superb. Ive been lucky enough to have been to Veerswamys and Jamavar in London unbelievable but nothing will ever beat a 1970's Taj in Neath or the Anakali Swansea with the brown homemade boiled chicken stock gravy, as they buy in and use a veg base curry, funnily enough this was told to me by the son of the owner of the first Indian in Swansea the Bombay grill when fishing on the pier a couple of weeks ago. And there was me blaming the new horrible tasting Stella all these years. :lol:

Darran said:

"I don’t want that crap I just want a good old traditional Indian if that makes sense"

What you mean is traditional "Indian" food that's served up here, but you'll need to pop off to India to taste Traditional Indian food, couple of Managers over the Con cast who I knew when I was over there, went there to see their Steel works and told me that Indian food in India is a massively different to Indian food here, I know you'd expect that in the actually country of origin, but a lot of "Indian" food here isn't actually Indian, a lot "Indian" restaurants/takeaways aren't Indian in the real sense as most are owned run by people from other Asian countries.

Niigata Jack said:
"I don’t want that crap I just want a good old traditional Indian if that makes sense"

What you mean is traditional "Indian" food that's served up here, but you'll need to pop off to India to taste Traditional Indian food, couple of Managers over the Con cast who I knew when I was over there, went there to see their Steel works and told me that Indian food in India is a massively different to Indian food here, I know you'd expect that in the actually country of origin, but a lot of "Indian" food here isn't actually Indian, a lot "Indian" restaurants/takeaways aren't Indian in the real sense as most are owned run by people from other Asian countries.

Oh f*ck off!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back