• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Now I remember why I love football

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Several times over the past few years I have wondered if I have fallen out of love with football.

The money grabbing of the Premier League (on and off the pitch) made me question whether I would ever regain that passion. I despaired when we set up for games trying not to lose by too many instead of trying to win and I remember my anger when we decided to play a second string side in the quarter final of the FA Cup against Spurs.

I have missed more home games this season (pre-lockdown) than I can ever remember but on nights like tonight I remember why I love football. The elation of the night has caused me at least twice to be told to pipe down and my daughter was mortified as I ran around the room when Routledge's header hit the back of the net. She was lucky she was out of the room when Stoke scored their 4th...!!

That was an incredible night and one that even now - half hour or so later - I am sat here shaking my head at what I have just witnessed. We are Championship play off bound once again for only the second time ever. And we all know what happened first time....

Brilliant, brilliant night

Definitely up there in the ‘Swansea City moments to remember’ together with the playoff final win, cup win, Preston, etc...

Fabulous.

dickythorpe said:
Totally bonkers Phil.

What were the odds?

I don't know but I really really wish I had a tenner on it

Raynor94 said:
MrSwerve said:
Good to see you back posting Dicky.

Seconded, hope all okay Dicky, miss you posting on here

Glad to see you back Dickie, missed your posts. Hope things are ok.

Have had 100 sods on promotion since season started

my prediction was cardif top, swansea second, lost that one, however....

still kicking and naughton to come

Yep. I said this a few weeks ago - the signs of Cooper learning (at last!) and us playing more positively have been there for a few games now. Unbelievable night which, whatever happens, bodes well for us next season. Us Swans fans have been long overdue positivity!

Will live in the memory along with games like those against Stockport and Rotherham etc.

What a night to remember!!!!
It reminded me of those must win night games down The Vetch, during the Tosh era.
The unbelievable elation you felt, was all there again last night.
How many many times have us Swans fans, said “Trust The Swans to do it the hard way !”
As you said, that’s why I love football.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back