• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our Midfield is poor!

magicdaps10

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
All to similiar.

All want it to feet, all wanting to play deeper.
We have no player who is dynamic and wants to go forward with or without the ball........tjeir first thought is to cut back or play sideways.

We may aswell have played Grimes in at left back today! He continually slows down play and wants to create a keep ball scenario.

This is why we don't score many goals and the defence continually has the ball to play with and in doing so gives opportunities to the opposition.

Midfield is stagnant.

All to similiar.

All want it to feet, all wanting to play deeper.
We have no player who is dynamic and wants to go forward with or without the ball........tjeir first thought is to cut back or play sideways.

We may aswell have played Grimes in at left back today! He continually slows down play and wants to create a keep ball scenario.

This is why we don't score many goals and the defence continually has the ball to play with and in doing so gives opportunities to the opposition.

Midfield is stagnant.
Badly missing an Ntcham with his good head on.

Badly missing an Ntcham with his good head on.
If we are going to persist with Grimes then we need someone like a Ntcham for sure but also a combatative player alongside Grimes who is willing to drive forward.
Personally I would be happy to see Grimes moved on in the summer with a proper holder who breaks up play and more forward thinking midfielders alongside.

Grimes clearly is a big player in how we play, everything is played through him and today he dropped in line with the centre halves and actively played the ball to Wood and Cabango time and time again.

If we are going to persist with Grimes then we need someone like a Ntcham for sure but also a combatative player alongside Grimes who is willing to drive forward.
Personally I would be happy to see Grimes moved on in the summer with a proper holder who breaks up play and more forward thinking midfielders alongside.

Grimes clearly is a big player in how we play, everything is played through him and today he dropped in line with the centre halves and actively played the ball to Wood and Cabango time and time again.
This is something Grimes does all the time. Especially when were losing, he'll hide amongst the CB's to not have to take any responsibility in the game. Next time we're 1-0 down and pushing for a goal, have a look at grimes position, he'll be the furthest man back. I cant remember a time where grimes has grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck an carried us to a win.
Its not instructions either as he's done this for the last three managers.

This is something Grimes does all the time. Especially when were losing, he'll hide amongst the CB's to not have to take any responsibility in the game. Next time we're 1-0 down and pushing for a goal, have a look at grimes position, he'll be the furthest man back. I cant remember a time where grimes has grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck an carried us to a win.
Its not instructions either as he's done this for the last three managers.
There's a reason why Grimes doesn't grab the game by the scruff of the neck and carry us to a win, lack of ability...

Or maybe Grimes just doesn't trust the defence behind him. We are badly missing a Walsh type player or dare I say it a Leroy Fer.

There's a reason why Grimes doesn't grab the game by the scruff of the neck and carry us to a win, lack of ability...
Bang on pal, but I suspect this coming Saturday Joey will step up and whilst not wearing the armband, be skipper in all but name. There's an argument to make that a ' thing' ...moving forward tho, it definitely needs looking at.

Let's be honest.

Of course our midfield needs a complete overhaul. It's staler than a week old loaf.

But then so are our centre backs and our striking options.

The whole squad is tired and needs a shakeup. There are a good half a dozen players there who have been there way too long, allowed to coast. They all need shipping out with fresh new enthusiastic blood needed in their place.

This season has been a wake up call and we can't keep ignoring the warning signs any longer.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back