• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Out of contract players

Cooperman

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Who are they? By my reckoning it’s Lati, Manning, Naughton and the back up keeper. Anyone else that I have missed?

Is there anything out there to suggest that we are going to see the Manning departure reversed? Is Ogbeta likely to be seen as the natural replacement and do his League One performances warrant this? Left and right side of defence is one again a key area of focus during the window.

Nailing down contract renewals for Piroe and Manning would be exceptional business, but how likely?

Ogbeta has been fantastic at The Posh… their fans have fallen in love with him and want to try and get him permanently… we’ve done that with loan players in the past.

I give no fuck. What we have in august is what we have in august, as always. Nobody would have thought anything about losing Manning last year. Someone will have to step up or he’ll have to be replaced. Or he’ll stay. Cest la vie.

Like to see Piroe and Manning stay if we can negotiate a deal to keep both. Would send out good intentions for next season. I fear Manning knows where he's going already.

Magic_Michu said:
Ogbeta has been fantastic at The Posh… their fans have fallen in love with him and want to try and get him permanently… we’ve done that with loan players in the past.

He started quietly, perhaps unsurprisingly, and then I gave up following his progress.

Come good, has he?

Ringwood Jack said:
Like to see Piroe and Manning stay if we can negotiate a deal to keep both. Would send out good intentions for next season. I fear Manning knows where he's going already.

Piroe is contracted until next summer, but he's said that he won't sign another contract here, probably be sold in summer I expect.

Manning might by a case like Grimes where they’re waiting for better offers that realistically won’t get so they’ll sign a contract extension, Piroe will be sold for a cheap sum in the summer, but I’d willing to risk letting him leave on a free providing we carry on this sort of form and have some more backing in the summer window.

Jack2jack said:
Thought Naughts was given a new contract not long ago🤔

I thought it was back end of last season and covering this season.

Assuming I’m right and considering that he’s not getting game time, then he will be one going through the exit. Good club servant.

Cooperman said:

Assuming I’m right and considering that he’s not getting game time, then he will be one going through the exit. Good club servant.
Thinking about it your right, it was only a 12 month contract, he's 34/35 now as well. Been excellent for us.

Cooperman said:

He'll be 35 later this year and as he's clearly slipped down the pecking order here, he may want to move on anyway.

Cooperman said:
Who are they? By my reckoning it’s Lati, Manning, Naughton and the back up keeper. Anyone else that I have missed?

Is there anything out there to suggest that we are going to see the Manning departure reversed? Is Ogbeta likely to be seen as the natural replacement and do his League One performances warrant this? Left and right side of defence is one again a key area of focus during the window.

Nailing down contract renewals for Piroe and Manning would be exceptional business, but how likely?

If right side of defence needs strengthening, I'd put Darling there in a heartbeat the way he's performed there of late and use resources to strengthen elsewhere.

karnataka said:
If right side of defence needs strengthening, I'd put Darling there in a heartbeat the way he's performed there of late and use resources to strengthen elsewhere.

We would still need a back up though. Going into the season with a CB as starting RB isn’t a good proposition.

Cooperman said:
We would still need a back up though. Going into the season with a CB as starting RB isn’t a good proposition.

I think we are still interested in Exeter's Josh Key who is a rightback/midfielder. We reportedly had a bid for him rejected in January. He scored their goal today in 1-2 defeat @ Sheff Wed.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back