• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Positive News or Smokescreen

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Lots of positive news drip fed from the club today about positive talks with Liverpool, Chelsea, Brewster & Gallagher...

... or just a smokescreen to increase season ticket sales?

Magic_Michu said:
Who's likely to buy a season ticket knowing they are unlikely to be watching any games until the new year or maybe much later if there is a significant second wave?

No reason why we can't retain all of them bar Wilmot.
With VDH, Ayew and possibly Rodon leaving, a potential 30 million in the bank, they need to INVEST in proper playing staff, of course they won't. And this is where the problem LIES.

Belfy said:
No reason why we can't retain all of them bar Wilmot.
With VDH, Ayew and possibly Rodon leaving, a potential 30 million in the bank, they need to INVEST in proper playing staff, of course they won't. And this is where the problem LIES.

Hopefully Cooper will be given money for a CM the rest we can do without if we get the loanees back. But seriously i wouldn't invest in sod all in these times let alone a footballer so as i keep going on develop our own.

Magic_Michu said:
Lots of positive news drip fed from the club today about positive talks with Liverpool, Chelsea, Brewster & Gallagher...

i don't read it as smokescreen. There are some in depth direct quotes from Cooper and he wouldn't say these things if there wasn't a degree of truth behind them. Getting both Brewster and Gallagher back for a full season would be a massive boost and goes a long way to filling what would be two problem positions.

Whilst I do hope that Brewster and Gallagher return for another loan spell, I do think that having too many loanees is not a good thing.
We've had 6 this season and all it does is hide deficiencies, delay the inevitable of needing to have our own players and restrict opportunities for our developing younger players . That is what we now find at the end of the 2019-2020 season where, combined with loads of contracts also expiring, we have a bigger rebuilding project to undertake than we would otherwise.
I feel that we should have a maximum of three players on loan.

Vetchfielder said:
Whilst I do hope that Brewster and Gallagher return for another loan spell, I do think that having too many loanees is not a good thing.
We've had 6 this season and all it does is hide deficiencies, delay the inevitable of needing to have our own players and restrict opportunities for our developing younger players . That is what we now find at the end of the 2019-2020 season where, combined with loads of contracts also expiring, we have a bigger rebuilding project to undertake than we would otherwise.

The problem we have is that our finances probably dictate we have to follow that route.

waynekerr55 said:
Vetchfielder said:

The problem we have is that our finances probably dictate we have to follow that route.

I can see small clubs struggling big time soon and investors getting very twitchy and harder to find. Mind you the big clubs losing up to 70000 tickets a week with wage bills the same size as the Welsh Economy are not sitting pretty either. Can see SKY trying it on as well but if they put it up much more they will price themselves out.

waynekerr55 said:
Vetchfielder said:

Not to the extent we have.
This season Cooper brought in player who were not as good as ones we had or ones he was brought in to develop.

waynekerr55 said:
Vetchfielder said:

What’s wrong with our finances? :lol:

https://twitter.com/leighdineen/status/937037701282435072?s=20

Darran said:
waynekerr55 said:

That doesn’t age well.

Cooperman said:
Darran said:

That doesn’t age well.

In fairness cooper,I am all for moving forward but that blast from the past is icey cold

Darran said:
waynekerr55 said:

Turkish Delight Cheesecake, anyone?

A team full of loanees isn't conducive to building a team for the future but we are where we are financially. If we can get Gallagher, Brewster and Woodman back next season (and dare I say it, keep Ayew) - essentially keeping the same squad - I would feel quite confident. Another year of experience for our young players, Cabango, Cullen, etc...I think we'd be in good stead. Possibly an addition or two, I'd be happy.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back