• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rate your Christmas Dinner Thread...

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Veg was spot on, stuffing was a little salty, turkey was a bit dry.
The gravy was absolutely banging.
Pud and vanilla custard was tasty.

I'm giving Mrs SJ a solid 8.

How did your missus do?

Potato 5/10
Veg 5/10
Stuffing 9/10
Pigs in blankets 7/10
Roasties 9/10
Yorkshire 7/10
Turkey 7/10

Overall 7/10

TBH, I do the food Crimbo day. I'd give myself a solid 8/10.
Apart from the fookin swede, bit woody🌳 it was, and I could have done a bit more gravy.
Other than that not too bad.👍

A bona fide 10/10 for our team effort. We’d cooked the meat yesterday and started it last night, so we already knew it was good. That just left the veg and sides to do today. All superb however we didn’t eat until about 6pm as we were out visiting this morning and had starters at about 1pm. Mince pies for supper, but later and just in time for the cricket.

I cooked it today.

It was OK.

My gravy was runny. Never done a crown before. Just lost it.
My roasties were poor as I forgot the flour.!

Everything else was great.

What a dumpkopf!!

Ours was a solid nine. Haven’t enjoyed a Christmas dinner so much in years. A joint effort between me and the wife and if there was one criticism it was there was probably a bit too much salt in something. That one is on me I was on salt duty. Lovely though.

exiledclaseboy said:
Ours was a solid nine. Haven’t enjoyed a Christmas dinner so much in years. A joint effort between me and the wife and if there was one criticism it was there was probably a bit too much salt in something. That one is on me I was on salt duty. Lovely though.

Salty stuffing balls by any chance? 🤔

Swanjaxs said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Salty stuffing balls by any chance? 🤔

Could well have been. There’s a 1970s sitcom plot in there somewhere.

Don't tell the missis, But it was the worst chrimbo dinner for years, the only thing that saved her was the spuds..

All the veg and meat, was total crap lmao typing this as she sits beside me..

4/10

jack123 said:
Don't tell the missis, But it was the worst chrimbo dinner for years, the only thing that saved her was the spuds..

4/10
:eek: Better do it yourself next year then👍

Jack2jack said:
jack123 said:

4/10
:eek: Better do it yourself next year then👍

It's a woman's job mush. :D

Jack2jack said:
jack123 said:
It's a woman's job mush. :D
Told her straight did ya😉

No mate, I would never say that, it's just this year the only highlight, were the potatoes.. Last year the veg was outstanding. Something went wrong along the lines I think, turkey was tasteless, and the pork was fatty as hell.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back